Signed: Jason Shackell

irobinson

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I the only person on here slightly meh about signing Shack?

I don't think he's a bad player at all, and will probably be our best CB, but I just don't understand the over-excitement.

The way some are acting, it's a surprise Pride Park wasn't burnt down when we fooked him off a few years ago.

In fact, I've seen 10x as many posts calling for Brayford back than Shackell since both left.

I don't think he's a bad player at all, and will probably be our best CB, but I just don't understand the over-excitement.

The way some are acting, it's a surprise Pride Park wasn't burnt down when we fooked him off a few years ago.

In fact, I've seen 10x as many posts calling for Brayford back than Shackell since both left.

Think I agree but for me it's the the fact he's been signed along with the others. He wraps up a nice summer. I'm assuming we've finished. 

He's not God. He's still a Championship CB. Probably the highest standard one. He still does Hollywood passes go fans. 

It's just now that the team feels like it's had a complete review sort of thing. Shack the final piece. 

(still don't know what to expect this season)

Not my video btw

Blimey - if those were his "highlights" of his year in the Prem a few of you might be getting a bit over-excited. Or Perhaps I need to change my job and start promoting and flogging footballers for a living.

Blimey - if those were his "highlights" of his year in the Prem a few of you might be getting a bit over-excited. Or Perhaps I need to change my job and start promoting and flogging footballers for a living.

don't agree mate, positional play great. I watched my son go through an academy system as a centre half and from many cold nights watching training, shacks is textbook positionally. I Accept its always hard watching highlight clips as they don t show any crap play! So I could be wrong

Welcome to Derby County, Jason Shackell. Everything is ready for you to Captain the Rams to Promotion this season. Go to it lad. Richard Keogh will have no problem with you being Captain and with him being Club Captain. The Great Parting Waters of our defence are closing as we speak.

Think I agree but for me it's the the fact he's been signed along with the others. He wraps up a nice summer. I'm assuming we've finished. 

He's not God. He's still a Championship CB. Probably the highest standard one. He still does Hollywood passes go fans. 

It's just now that the team feels like it's had a complete review sort of thing. Shack the final piece. 

(still don't know what to expect this season)

Think we'll see one more in, can't see it being a record breaker though.

It's not that I don't rate Shackell, but I do wonder who's going to start attacks from the back with a simple ball, he's very much a kick it and head it player from what I've seen.

Mel Morris, Sam Rush, Chris Evans and Paul Clement looking a bit like an advancing tank formation at present. The unity and organisation is looking formidable. All these players were earmarked quite some time ago, that is for sure.we are looking like the team that everyone will want to beat. A few 'park the bus teams' are on their way to the iPro but they may find it a lot harder to keep us out than they did last year. One or two teams are going to get a good goals hammering next season. Plan A, B and C will be available next year.

Never doubted my source on this one at all. Medical was this morning. Just wasnt sure if it would be announced today. 

Briliant signing this is. Just what we need.

We are trying to force Keogh out though. 

For me Shackell and Pearce would be my pairing which is a massive upgrade on Keogh and Bucko. I also think they will compliment each other really well. 

Cannot wait for the season now. 

Be happy, we just signed a proper journeyman with a fit wife and a panache for cheesy weddings.

Never doubted my source on this one at all. Medical was this morning. Just wasnt sure if it would be announced today. 

Briliant signing this is. Just what we need.

We are trying to force Keogh out though. 

For me Shackell and Pearce would be my pairing which is a massive upgrade on Keogh and Bucko. I also think they will compliment each other really well. 

Cannot wait for the season now. 

Didn't I read in this thread someone called you from other forum earlier?

Archived