Signed: Jason Shackell

irobinson

Think we'll see one more in, can't see it being a record breaker though.

It's not that I don't rate Shackell, but I do wonder who's going to start attacks from the back with a simple ball, he's very much a kick it and head it player from what I've seen.

I know. I do hope he chills out on the Hollywood passes. It's an area where our Keogh, Buxton and Shotton might force ahead of Shackell and Pearce. We'll see.

Mel Morris has done his bit. Down to Clement and the players now.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think we'll see one more in, can't see it being a record breaker though.

It's not that I don't rate Shackell, but I do wonder who's going to start attacks from the back with a simple ball, he's very much a kick it and head it player from what I've seen.

That's what we have got keogh for.

What else do we need then?

I think we may get a DM and a striker. 

Would have said right back. But I would play Baird there. Solid and experienced.

We could probably go with what we have now, but seeing as we're not finished yet - cover at LB, another DM, and a creative midfielder.

What else do we need then?

I think we may get a DM and a striker. 

Would have said right back. But I would play Baird there. Solid and experienced.

Don't think we need RB DM and striker. But 1 more winger and 1 CM would be enough imo.

He's apparently going back to Rayo, which was his club before Swansea.

We were never in for him. It was a rumour that JW made up on here and then 2 pages later people were talking about it as though it was genuine. I even went round for a cuppa at my brothers and he said  he'd heard we were in for Michu.

I brought it up because apparently Kenny Burns has an opinion on us signing Jason Shackell. Or does he?

Good signing it seems but will reserve judgement until 10 games in and PC has got his style of play imposed on the team.

May as well shut down the development squad now, no chance any will be getting a look in like they did a few years ago under NC. If we get promotion, they'll have even less of a chance.

Fans from other clubs are gonna be looking on and wanting us to blob it after this level of spending, jealousy is an awful thing. We cant really say we are doing things the right way now and get the respect we had from other clubs - bleeding youth, running a club within our means where possible etc.

Either way, it's gonna be an interesting season, feeling optimistic but got this slightly nagging feeling there in the background. Please don't shoot me down, been a fan of this great club for long enough to know not to start jizzing in my under crackers just yet.

Let's just remain level headed and not do a florest and expect promotion based on a few signings before tge season even starts - we're better than that. Let's manage expectations and not get frustrated when things don't go according to plan. Only then do we ever seem to reach the heights we all want.

COYR

Don't think we need RB DM and striker. But 1 more winger and 1 CM would be enough imo.

We have enough now in my opinion, anyone else should be bled from the development squad otherwise why bother with one?

Good signing it seems but will reserve judgement until 10 games in and PC has got his style of play imposed on the team.

May as well shut down the development squad now, no chance any will be getting a look in like they did a few years ago under NC. If we get promotion, they'll have even less of a chance.

Fans from other clubs are gonna be looking on and wanting us to blob it after this level of spending, jealousy is an awful thing. We cant really say we are doing things the right way now and get the respect we had from other clubs - bleeding youth, running a club within our means where possible etc.

Either way, it's gonna be an interesting season, feeling optimistic but got this slightly nagging feeling there in the background. Please don't shoot me down, been a fan of this great club for long enough to know not to start jizzing in my under crackers just yet.

Let's just remain level headed and not do a florest and expect promotion based on a few signings before tge season even starts - we're better than that. Let's manage expectations and not get frustrated when things don't go according to plan. Only then do we ever seem to reach the heights we all want.

COYR

Maybe we are running the club within our means, FFP wise. January should be interesting, that's for sure.

COYR

You say that, but Clement is quoted as saying Hanson and Swanky will be pushing for the first team this season. 

You say that, but Clement is quoted as saying Hanson and Swanky will be pushing for the first team this season. 

Well, he's saying they have the potential to do so, but they have to perform. He didn't imply they were good enough yet. If either do become first teamers (and I'd imagine Isak is more likely regarding the players in front of him for his position) I think it would happen in the latter few months of the season.

Route to the first team for the Development Squad is now a series of loans until they get a year on loan at a Championship Club. With Peacock here, we will have a load of people out on loan, that is for sure. I think that Shackell will be very impressed with the facilities at the Academy.

Never doubted my source on this one at all. Medical was this morning. Just wasnt sure if it would be announced today. 

Briliant signing this is. Just what we need.

We are trying to force Keogh out though. 

For me Shackell and Pearce would be my pairing which is a massive upgrade on Keogh and Bucko. I also think they will compliment each other really well. 

Cannot wait for the season now. 

This is sad about Keogh. He's only made a handful of mistakes but because they were big mistakes at the worst possible time, it's stuck with him.

However as the previous team captain he's now being usurped by newcomers. Baird and Pearce both being potential new captains and now Shackell. That relegates him to "just" being one of the centre backs. For someone like Keogh who IS a good Championship defender, it really leaves him in an awkward position in a team that is constantly pushing forward to the future.

I wouldn't mind if it was a situation where we were happy for Keogh to stay but free to leave if the right offer came along, but to try and "force" him out? I'm not happy with that.

I'd rather we forced Warnock and Shotton to **** off before Keogh.

Archived