Signed: Jason Shackell

irobinson

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is sad about Keogh. He's only made a handful of mistakes but because they were big mistakes at the worst possible time, it's stuck with him.

However as the previous team captain he's now being usurped by newcomers. Baird and Pearce both being potential new captains and now Shackell. That relegates him to "just" being one of the centre backs. For someone like Keogh who IS a good Championship defender, it really leaves him in an awkward position in a team that is constantly pushing forward to the future.

I wouldn't mind if it was a situation where we were happy for Keogh to stay but free to leave if the right offer came along, but to try and "force" him out? I'm not happy with that.

I'd rather we forced Warnock and Shotton to **** off before Keogh.

Handful?

I'm afraid Clement has watched more than one game before deciding to sell him.

Handful?

I'm afraid Clement has watched more than one game before deciding to sell him.

Clement's decided to sell him? :blink:

In fact, I've seen 10x as many posts calling for Brayford back than Shackell since both left.

Well, obviously.

Brayford was always in a position where people would think we stood a realistic chance of having him back.

He couldn't get a game with Cardiff in the PL "might as well bring him back here". He goes on loan to  / signs permanently for Sheffield United in League One "he's better than that, we should have brought him back here" (with a spell getting games for Cardiff in between)

At no point in the last 3 seasons would anyone have thought we had a chance to get Shackell back.

Well, obviously.

Brayford was always in a position where people would think we stood a realistic chance of having him back.

He couldn't get a game with Cardiff in the PL "might as well bring him back here". He goes on loan to  / signs permanently for Sheffield United in League One "he's better than that, we should have brought him back here" (with a spell getting games for Cardiff in between)

At no point in the last 3 seasons would anyone have thought we had a chance to get Shackell back, hence "we shouldn't have got rid of him" not "we should get him back"

Fair point, well made.

Think "tapping up" rules have died a death because you'd have to prove it.  Doubt the conversation was recorded and even if it was he could just deny it later.  Will all go indirectly to the players via agents and the club could be enquiring about the availability of any of their clients so unless the phones were tapped what can you do?

um.......makes our displeasure with schteve mcclaren look a bit two faced though.

This is sad about Keogh. He's only made a handful of mistakes but because they were big mistakes at the worst possible time, it's stuck with him.

However as the previous team captain he's now being usurped by newcomers. Baird and Pearce both being potential new captains and now Shackell. That relegates him to "just" being one of the centre backs. For someone like Keogh who IS a good Championship defender, it really leaves him in an awkward position in a team that is constantly pushing forward to the future.

I wouldn't mind if it was a situation where we were happy for Keogh to stay but free to leave if the right offer came along, but to try and "force" him out? I'm not happy with that.

I'd rather we forced Warnock and Shotton to **** off before Keogh.

you couldn't get a bigger mistake than a sweet pass to zamora.

No, that was Fozzy's and Bucko's mistake. 

you couldn't get a bigger mistake than a sweet pass to zamora.

He was on his heels as he was running towards the goal, just tried to get something on it as his instinct told him the ball was already going to a QPR player.

As Gypsy says, there were a number (3, I think) of horrendous mistakes leading up to Keogh's, mistakes you'd be annoyed at someone making in a training session. It was more bad luck from Keogh than a mistake. 

Archived