Signed: Jason Shackell

irobinson

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm happy for SS to big up the transfer fund. We used 250k of their money rather than ours to add to the Shackell fund.

Personally I'd feel the fund would be a lot more useful and better to big up if they help a small League 1 or 2 club break their transfer record with a 250k player. It's a bit wasted letting us have it, or giving Forest 250k to loan Todd Kane.

Not complaining but I thought the point was to help teams sign players. I don't think we need the help.

I'm happy for SS to big up the transfer fund. We used 250k of their money rather than ours to add to the Shackell fund.

Personally I'd feel the fund would be a lot more useful and better to big up if they help a small League 1 or 2 club break their transfer record with a 250k player. It's a bit wasted letting us have it, or giving Forest 250k to loan Todd Kane.

Not complaining but I thought the point was to help teams sign players. I don't think we need the help.

The problem is the random aspect of it. What they should do, is what kids shows do, where people write to them about why their club needs the 250k, and then have a judging panel of 10 or so people choose the best one.

It would go to a league 2/league 1 club every time I imagine and be far more worthwhile.

I'm dreading the moment people realise they've been judging Shackell through the rosiest of rose tinted goggles and he actually isn't that committed as a player. Sure he has some ability. But I don't think he's as good as people are making out. It speaks volumes that no other team is in for him.

Uh oh......Shackell is the new Keogh.

As Gypsy says, there were a number (3, I think) of horrendous mistakes leading up to Keogh's, mistakes you'd be annoyed at someone making in a training session. It was more bad luck from Keogh than a mistake. 

That whole passage of play was about 30 seconds in reality but seemed to drag out for about 5 minutes in slo-mo. Sickening.

The problem is the random aspect of it. What they should do, is what kids shows do, where people write to them about why their club needs the 250k, and then have a judging panel of 10 or so people choose the best one.

It would go to a league 2/league 1 club every time I imagine and be far more worthwhile.

Well I think Derby County should get it because I've only got one leg

Well I think Derby County should get it because I've only got one leg

How many times did you write into TV competitions with that? :lol:

Before I leave a comment, I just want to apologise for talking about the actual topic instead of talking Poo or coming out with a pun..

Im really happy with the signing. I think with Shacks moving clubs quite frequently (whilst being a success wherever he's gone) I think settling in isnt going to take much time at all.

Regardless of what anyone thinks regarding the fee, I'd much rather spend the money on a player that is certified than someone you have to bleed into the side (see Albentosa.)

At least now you can say, If we go up.. it was a great bit of business.. If we don't, Then we gave it a good go with the best that was on offer.

Archived