Signed: Jason Shackell

irobinson

I've already started, mate. As I mentioned in another thread earlier, one of the benefits of staying at a 5-star hotel is a FREE MINIBAR!!!! in my room - a second benefit is that the booze I consume is miraculously replenished the next morning (note that this not the same as some of our fellow Derby fans going out for 5 pints of stella and a shish-doner mix, only to see them miraculously re-appear  against a wall at the bottom of the Cathedral quarter half an hour later).

Currently on the Jonge Bols Jenever (magnificent gin), which will be followed rather rapidly by the Gordon's (rubbish gin), several bottles of inconsequential lager, some Absolut vodka and a drop of Scotch. Then the Memsahib and I are going to go out for a few.

I love you guys - you're all my best mates.

Quite an impressive mix - hope it ends well! - LOL

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've already started, mate. As I mentioned in another thread earlier, one of the benefits of staying at a 5-star hotel is a FREE MINIBAR!!!! in my room - a second benefit is that the booze I consume is miraculously replenished the next morning (note that this not the same as some of our fellow Derby fans going out for 5 pints of stella and a shish-doner mix, only to see them miraculously re-appear  against a wall at the bottom of the Cathedral quarter half an hour later).

Currently on the Jonge Bols Jenever (magnificent gin), which will be followed rather rapidly by the Gordon's (rubbish gin), several bottles of inconsequential lager, some Absolut vodka and a drop of Scotch. Then the Memsahib and I are going to go out for a few.

I love you guys - you're all my best mates.

I'm staying at the biggest 5 star hotel in a couple of weeks, I'm sure they would also refill the mini bar every morning and apply a hefty bill to go with it, these little perks don't come round very often....so enjoy :-)

Why I would have Mills over Shackell any day

Derby have just spent a huge amount on Jason Shackell but I think they missed out by not going for Matt Mills. Last season Mills gained even more Championship experience and Shackell did not. He made 0 appearances in the Championship last season compared to Mills' 37. Mills scored 4 goals last season in the Championship compared to Shackell's 0. And Mills even showed he can provide as he notched up 2 assists compared to Shackell's 0, this also shows Shackell is greedy.

Bravo sir. Bravo :lol:

Wonder if he'll still feel the same after Bent's hat trick and Shackell's put Adongalonga into row z....?

BREAKING: Derby County have moved to re-sign defender Jason Shackell from fellow Sky Bet Championship rivals Burnley - with the £250,000 recently won in the Sky Bet Transfer Fund going towards the signing.

The 31-year-old in-demand centre-back has joined Derby on a three-year contract, with the Rams paying an undisclosed fee to the Lancashire club for his signature.

Love that, with the undisclosed fee too, makes it sound like deal of the decade.  Well played DCFC PR team. 

Archived