SIGNED: Andreas Weimann

Ambitious

Andreas Weimann signing prediction  

161 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cant believe some people arent happy with this.

Hes a full international thats played over 100 games in the premiership and is still only 23!

It wasnt long ago that we didnt have any players that had premiership experience.

Definitely an improvement on Ward who'd be unlikely to get a game at that level and is injury prone and a lot older.

Cant believe some people arent happy with this.

Hes a full international thats played over 100 games in the premiership and is still only 23!

It wasnt long ago that we didnt have any players that had premiership experience.

Definitely an improvement on Ward who'd be unlikely to get a game at that level and is injury prone and a lot older.

​Some people can't be pleased at the times tbh. And Weimann is deffo better than Dawkins. :)

A premier League flop that I've never heard of. Yay.

He's 23, has 113 Premier League appearances, more than a dozen international caps. He's got 17 goals and 10 assists to his name in the Premier League as well. On top of that he's versatile and in a position that we need a new player in, and his appearance figures speak of a player who can actually stay fit. Considering the record of the following players here:

​Chris Martin

Simon Dawkins

George Thorne

I'd say that "Premier League flops that you've never heard of" isn't exactly enough of a criticism to write someone off. If we're going to sign him, and Clement is happy with it, then I trust the club's decision on this one. Would represent a decisive piece of business in a position that we need a new man in for. If we get him, Bent and Pearce by next week, we'll be looking very good indeed for the start of transfer season, and I'd say that we'd only really need to be looking at Ince, another DM (competition for Thorne and hopefully Eustace) and potentially another right back with pretty much the entire window remaining. 

At one point this season I had Weimann in my fantasy premier team. I'd of thought bringing him here would be pretty difficult? Surely a premier club could get good use out of him. It's not wise as a swap deal with Hendrick but if he wants to come and 2m is the price yes bloody please!

8 goals in 2 seasons is pretty dire for a striker. 2 assists this season, dire for a winger. How is he better than Ward? Just because he's got Premiership experience doesn't mean he's any good. 

We can do better.

mann's alright, hard worker and decent finisher. Think he is an out and out striker rather than a wide player where he played nearly all the time for us, is probably why he never really shone for us. Decent signing for Derby.

Thats a post from a Villa fan on another forum Im on.

Personally think Weimann is a good signing.

8 goals in 2 seasons is pretty dire for a striker. 2 assists this season, dire for a winger. How is he better than Ward? Just because he's got Premiership experience doesn't mean he's any good. 

We can do better.

​Pretty difficult for him to have plenty of assists when he plays for Aston Villa. They had scored 12 goals in the league before Sherwood came in and he fell out of favour

A fair point, I'd forgotten that Paul Lambert had forgotten how the game works.

Just went on a Villa forum, a few negatives but mainly they praise his work rate and think he'll be a good Champ signing. Let's hope they're right! 

Can a championship side really sign a player of a higher calibre? People say we're signing a "premiership flop". Wasn't Ince a premiership flop then? If a player is currently succeeding in the top flight then he isn't going to join Derby County, or any championship club for that matter.

Top addition IMO. A verisitle forward who, maybe not last season, succeeded in the premiership and is still at an age for improvement! 

Archived