Mascarell not returning

maydrakin

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

time here will have aided his development massively. I think he will be a very good player, but I also think he's a few years off it. Players in his position generally mature later due to the very varied nature of the role, and the amount of decision making he needs to master during the average game. Good luck to him. Certainly didn't let anyone down during his time here.

Did not live up to expectation unfortunately but still seemed a half decent player.

Was definitely played out of position but never really seemed to learn his lesson about losing possession facing his own goal.

His passing was very hit and miss as were his set pieces (we never got to see one of his speciality free kicks that a lot were expecting after viewing YouTube).

Good luck to the lad but don't ever really seem him making it at a higher level.

I'd have him down as one of our better players this season.

For me, the point we truly and utterly fell apart was when he got injured. Obviously, Thorne and Eustace's injuries aided that too, but losing him as huge.

Ever since the Norwich game onwards the performances just haven't been right. He was my MOTM in his last two games, against Brighton and Birmingham, it happened at the wrong time.

We would have been much closer to the automatic promotion places had he still been around. It certainly should give those creatures that scapegoated him something to think about. 

For those saying he wasn't a defensive midfielder - look at the performances both before and after his injury. He protected the back four just fine and was never shy at putting himself about.

He was better in more games than not, which I would say for less than 6-7 players this season.

Best news all week this is. Dont want him here, he is definitely not a CDM gave the ball away far too often and prone to mistakes.   Best of luck to his progression of course though.

​show me a player in any team, in any position who hasn't given the ball away!

Best news all week this is. Dont want him here, he is definitely not a CDM gave the ball away far too often and prone to mistakes.   Best of luck to his progression of course though.

So as everyone else. 

I hope we get Omar back in 2years time tbf. 

i'm not saying he's never allowed to give the ball away but when you are sat in front of the back four and do it often then its asking for trouble!

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/115996/Show/Omar-Mascarell

pass completion is less than all our midfielders!  

when going out the changing room doesn't it say 'the biggest crime in football is to give the ball to the opposition' but then again it doesn't say it in Spanish so Omar didnt take note. :L

Archived