Mascarell not returning

maydrakin

i'm not saying he's never allowed to give the ball away but when you are sat in front of the back four and do it often then its asking for trouble!

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/115996/Show/Omar-Mascarell

pass completion is less than all our midfielders!  

when going out the changing room doesn't it say 'the biggest crime in football is to give the ball to the opposition' but then again it doesn't say it in Spanish so Omar didnt take note. :L

​80% is pretty good when you consider how much of the play goes through him.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nah i think its not 'pretty good' when everyone else who plays there has a higher percentage. In reality in that position most of the passes are a few yards so to lose it 20% of the time is surely a concern?

I didn't check the stats before my first post i just felt he lost the ball a lot and got caught up in possession as an observer, but the stats back me up a bit too.

I thought he was alright, decent on the ball who made the transition from our defence having the ball to our attacking players much easier than what we've seen recently. Think there's a bit of a knack to playing CDM in the English Championship and he didn't have it, more so from a defensive side of things. He'd be an ok signing for anyone in this division. 

Not strong enough, couldn't tackle, passing patchy. 

Positionally atrocious and unable to work out the essentials of the role he was asked to play. Needs to man up, because when time were tough, he was missing.

Worst loan under McClaren except Lingard?

Positionally atrocious and unable to work out the essentials of the role he was asked to play. Needs to man up, because when time were tough, he was missing.

Worst loan? Give over. 

​Worst loan? That's why are form dropped without him. He was played out of position and was playing in a more physical league, he did well for us and showed the talent he has especially that game against Wolves. You really think he was worst than Leon Best?

Nah i think its not 'pretty good' when everyone else who plays there has a higher percentage. In reality in that position most of the passes are a few yards so to lose it 20% of the time is surely a concern?

I didn't check the stats before my first post i just felt he lost the ball a lot and got caught up in possession as an observer, but the stats back me up a bit too.

​Ludicrous statement. 80% is extremely good for a defensive midfielder in this division, especially one who made as many touches and passes as him. 

If you're want to compare apples with apples, only Thorne and Whitbread have more accurate passes per minute than Mascarell in our side. 

In terms of players in the division, who have played more than 1000 minutes this season, he's sixth in the whole division. 

I thought this Mascarell witch hut would stop when he got injured and we became significantly worse, but I guess not. 

our form did not dip because of the injury to mascarell. We lost several players and i never once heard anyone say its down to mascarell being injured.

​I did. I still believe it.

When he was here we was in or around the top 2. Two months after his injury we're 8th. 

I actually think his loss - due to Thorne and Eustace also being injured - was actually worse than Martin's for our team.

We've struggled unbelievably since he was injured. 

​Worst loan? That's why are form dropped without him. He was played out of position and was playing in a more physical league, he did well for us and showed the talent he has especially that game against Wolves. You really think he was worst than Leon Best?

Good point, I'd forgotten Leon Best. 3rd worst then, behind Best and Lingard. Useless anyhow.

He was only played as CDM as billed surely?

I said when we signed him he was a different DM to Thorne, but he would equally prove a solid replacement.

He's a likeable fella with excellent passing ability. However, he was inexprienced and that proved during the Forest home match where our midfield during the second half was woeful.

A more experienced DM would have barked at Hendrick and Bryson for running around like headless chickens and help position them better - either through lack of language or experience, OM didn't do this.

He'll go on to have a decent career I'm sure.

Some of the comments on here are embarassing by the way. Call yourself supporters - not only are your football opinions absurd but they're downright ignorant too.

I thought when he played he didn't get the credit he deserved, wrongly thought opinion would have changed given our results in his absence, guess not.

Cracking player who'd I'd have back like a shot.

Football is funny old game. There's no doubt  Omar is much better footballer than Eustace, but latter suits us better and it equals that massive difference in ability.

Hopefully he'll find a role and club where he can blossom, there's a lots of potential to get out of.

More of a Hughes than a Thorne for me. I liked him and let us not forget how much we appreciated his deadball delivery when he broke into the team at a time when we were condemning more or less every player for not being able to take a corner, or a free-kick......

He gave us something different and I for one thank him for his efforts. He stuck at it more than Bueno did and turned in a great performance away at Bournemouth (Feb) in the second half i thought.

And he looked crestfallen to be subbed off against Brighton so clearly he cared - I don't get all the slagging off and slating I really don't. At least the majority of the away support seemed to appreciate him judging by the chants of "Omarrrr, Omar Mascarelllll, Omarrr, Omar Mascarelllll" etc

Archived