Q&A with SM and SR...

TroyDyer

​just to clear this up, he never said he had an offer, he never said he turned them down, he never said anything that comprehensive, and I apologise if it's my post that gave the impression he said he did.

What was said, the words I remember were "there was reported interest in the winter.... I sat down with Sam and I've never been as honest with anyone as I was then.... I said maybe 5 or 6 years ago, I'd have gone...my ambitions and the premier league and all that.... but I was not interested as I have a good job... I love it here... great backing... great staff... great bunch of players...."

Now I'm seriously pissed and people nit-picking, some of you are ******* disgraceful. When a man says "i don't want to speak about it as it's disrespectful", it doesn't take a ******* genius to work out he's talking about in the media, does he have to spell everything out? Are some of you seriously that ******* stupid? 

Tonight was off air, it was a forum, where people there were season ticket holders and SUPPOSED to be fans! There's a manager trying to bond with fans and you throw back in his face.

I am ashamed of some Derby fans.

​You spend too much time worrying about social media mostyn. 

For the record, i was ashamed at some of the **** Nigel Clough got on forums from so called Derby fans (you being one of them!) but at the end of the day it didn't really matter. The fans at the games never turned on him and they've certainly not turned on Mac. 

The vast majority of our match day support don't spend hours reading endless posts or tweets and generally go the games to back the team and manager.

Its only us saddo's who think we're important enough to influence what goes on behind the scenes. 

If Steve leaves, it will be because he's got a better job, bigger challenge, bigger club, whatever, not because half a dozen people have given him a bit of stick on a forum.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What we need is a Witch Finder General,utch.Are you up for the job? You could feed him with various biscuits and if he throws up he's off (or the biscuit's off) ; if he doesn't,he must have bad judgement and he should feck off anyway.

​just to clear this up, he never said he had an offer, he never said he turned them down, he never said anything that comprehensive, and I apologise if it's my post that gave the impression he said he did.

What was said, the words I remember were "there was reported interest in the winter.... I sat down with Sam and I've never been as honest with anyone as I was then.... I said maybe 5 or 6 years ago, I'd have gone...my ambitions and the premier league and all that.... but I was not interested as I have a good job... I love it here... great backing... great staff... great bunch of players...."

Now I'm seriously pissed and people nit-picking, some of you are ******* disgraceful. When a man says "i don't want to speak about it as it's disrespectful", it doesn't take a ******* genius to work out he's talking about in the media, does he have to spell everything out? Are some of you seriously that ******* stupid? 

Tonight was off air, it was a forum, where people there were season ticket holders and SUPPOSED to be fans! There's a manager trying to bond with fans and you throw back in his face.

Ha! Starts off with a rare moment of humility but rediscovers himself at the end.

Well that's good news if he didn't say that. You're splitting hairs a bit by differentiating between talking to the media and talking to a room full of fans though. For arguments sake, if he did say that he wouldn't comment on a prospective job to the media out of professional respect but then goes and comments at a fans forum knowing full well that the information is going to spread via, yes that's right, media, then I would suggest that a certain level of hypocrisy has been reached.

It wasn't "off air" nor was it 'off the record' as these phrases apply to the media and as you say he wasn't talking to the media. He was talking to fans - fans who are then under no obligation to not share the information.

​You spend too much time worrying about social media mostyn. 

For the record, i was ashamed at some of the **** Nigel Clough got on forums from so called Derby fans (you being one of them!) but at the end of the day it didn't really matter. The fans at the games never turned on him and they've certainly not turned on Mac. 

The vast majority of our match day support don't spend hours reading endless posts or tweets and generally go the games to back the team and manager.

Its only us saddo's who think we're important enough to influence what goes on behind the scenes. 

If Steve leaves, it will be because he's got a better job, bigger challenge, bigger club, whatever, not because half a dozen people have given him a bit of stick on a forum.

Funny thing is that Internet forums were mentioned a few times 

Ha! Starts off with a rare moment of humility but rediscovers himself at the end.

Well that's good news if he didn't say that. You're splitting hairs a bit by differentiating between talking to the media and talking to a room full of fans though. For arguments sake, if he did say that he wouldn't comment on a prospective job to the media out of professional respect but then goes and comments at a fans forum knowing full well that the information is going to spread via, yes that's right, media, then I would suggest that a certain level of hypocrisy has been reached.

It wasn't "off air" nor was it 'off the record' as these phrases apply to the media and as you say he wasn't talking to the media. He was talking to fans - fans who are then under no obligation to not share the information.

The point is he never said what he's been accused of saying AND there's a difference between taking about the job in the media and saying "I wasn't interested "

​Then we are fooked. If Sam Rush, Steve McClaren, or anyone else running this club makes decisions based on forum opinions, they are not fit to be in the job.

They were laughing at some "awful George Thorne song"

Simmo said it needed a bit of work and then Steele said "Son, you can't save them all" 

Simmo said it needed a bit of work and then Steele said "Son, you can't save them all" 

​When i see Simmo or Steele starting a song off in the South Stand i'll accept their critique of my lyrical genius.

​Jeez....Steele must be God. Gonna pile a load of money on us to get promotion now.

They told us there had been no approach. So how does he know there was interest? Tapping up? Or was there a formal approach that was hidden?

It's just the deceit of it all, why are we so in the dark all the time? Why is it left for people to guess based on what they read in the paper. Why does nobody have the balls to come clean?

They told us there had been no approach. So how does he know there was interest? Tapping up? Or was there a formal approach that was hidden.

It's just the deceit of it all, why are we so in the dark all the time? Why is it left for people to guess based on what they read in the paper. Why does nobody have the balls to come clean?

​Ok. I owe it to my fans to be honest.

Several other clubs have asked me to write songs for them. Whilst i find this flattering i have no intention of writing songs or chants for any other club.

DCFC remains my one and only club. If the membership turns against me i will walk away from forum songwriting forever.

I will not write songs for any other club.

Not even Newcastle.

​Ok. I owe it to my fans to be honest.

Several other clubs have asked me to write songs for them. Whilst i find this flattering i have no intention of writing songs or chants for any other club.

DCFC remains my one and only club. If the membership turns against me i will walk away from forum songwriting forever.

I will not write songs for any other club.

Not even Newcastle.

Inverurie is odds on to replace you.

Regardless of how our season ends I can't see him leaving either way...

We go up and as a club we are in a similar position to Newcastle - possibly better. Why would he got there when he has the chance to improve the team he got promoted? 

Adversely if we don't get promoted, why would Newcastle want someone who failed in two seasons to get one of the best squads and many people's favourites for promotion, promoted? 

For me it just doesn't make sense and is a case of lazy journalists trying to generate a reasonably believable rumour.

Could be wrong though

Ashamed or not. 50 years supporting my team my opinion is he should just say yes I was offered the job. I turned it down because I love being at Derby and I will be here for at least the next 2 seasons.

then all this garbage will stop and we can concentrate on the last few games

I've just read this entire thread and I'm still none the wiser.

can someone sum up what was said  (not just the Newcastle defection talk, although a general summary of that would be good too)

was there talk of future plans? Eyes on future signings? Plans if we do/don't go up?

and if Steve was animated and thorough in his reponses to these questions, then maybe he's still got one eye on DCFC in Aug 2015...??

They told us there had been no approach. So how does he know there was interest? Tapping up? Or was there a formal approach that was hidden?

​It sounds to me that McClaren has been as straight as a die from the word go, but loads on here are all too far up their own collective backsides and so full of their #ITK bullcrap to just accept things at face value.

And don't get me started on their bloody self-importance and false entitlement.

There. Now I've probably upset about 75% on here, but it wanted saying. Feck off everyone, and leave the bloody manager to do his job.

I can't begin to fathom how our manager has gone from hero to zero by not having "I'm not going to Newcastle" tattooed on his forehead. Fair enough, he hasn't flat out denied it but many wouldn't and it's not like we know with any degree of certainty that he's off there.

I've been a season ticket holder since I was 6 years old. 2001/02 season. Between him and Sam Rush, no one has given me better memories at Derby. Honestly, late 2013 onwards with other things which have come together in my life have been an absolute blast and that man with his tuft has been responsible for so much of that. And just because some fans have decided he's left us for Newcastle based on - well actually, I don't know what it's based on at all - we're supposed to turn on him?

The past few weeks have been a nonsense with Derby fans but tonight, reading this thread and twitter, I have never been so disillusioned with Derby fans. I just don't know what we want anymore. We want some incredible manager who offers perfect football all the time and denies every job flat out to Owen Bradley no matter how big it is just to appease us 30,000 or so fans, because we're the most important people on the planet. What world are we living in? This man does not exist.

​It sounds to me that McClaren has been as straight as a die from the word go, but loads on here are all too far up their own collective backsides and so full of their #ITK bullcrap to just accept things at face value.

And don't get me started on their bloody self-importance and false entitlement.

There. Now I've probably upset about 75% on here, but it wanted saying. Feck off everyone, and leave the bloody manager to do his job.

​Come on Eddie, there's no need to spend all day insulting people for having opinions/concerns on McClaren's future. That's what a forum is for, sharing opinions. If people are getting on your nerves that much, add them to your ignore list (if you can even still do that on this newer forum software). People speculating on McClaren's future isn't hurting you, so I don't get why it's getting you so wound up :lol:

Archived