Q&A with SM and SR...

TroyDyer

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​The accounts don't relate to the current season, do they?

You're off on your usual pro-Clough colonically irrigated hobbyhorse, blaming McClaren for fecking up this season, but the accounts relate to last season - when McClaren resurrected the season which your man had already condemned to the dustbin of history by October.

I might be old and baffled and making this up, of course.

actually Eddie the wages increase mentioned is last seasons - but this seasons wages will have gone up with the extra ins and loans.

the 6.77m on transfers is on the Post Balance sheet notes. These are transfers made after the end of the accounting period so they are the fees paid in the summer just gone

seriously someone ask him if he's leaving in the summer or to say he's not going to Newcastle.

Nat Jackson on EMT asked him why he can't rule himself out of the job. His reply "I can't because I dint know the situation" in other words in going to see what happens

Sounds a bit silly. 

Maybe he's being silly because he's already answered sensibly? 

That's like the sort of answer people like Jose or Zlatan give when they're winding journalists up

​Those you mention are only half year wages,though it must be said there are others you've missed out,with the odd departure to partially offset.

Although a lot of what I said in my post was incalcuable,the interest/amortisation elements look pretty secure.Therefore,if you add this £2m+ to your proposed £4m wages increase,our 13/14 loss has already shot up to £13m+ for the current year,even without any of the other possible adverse changes I suggested.That's a hell of a clawback to be made on the increased income side to enable us to comply with FFP.

We were at the forefront of those championing the principle of FFP at the outset,and I seem to remember SR saying something along the lines that he wanted the club to be associated with doing the right things (following the debacle of the fan on the pitch v gumps) ,so I don't think non compliance with FFP would sit happily with this.

​I agree with what you say but really can't see the extra wages coming cheap!

One thing you don't seem to have factored in is the stadium naming rights, will be interesting to see how this is treated in the accounts.

Hmm, just watched McClaren on EMT, he was asked the direct question "Will you rule out your links to Newcastle" ?

He didn't, just answered with a lot of guff about concentrating on this job etc.

I'd have a bit more respect for him if was less vague. 

Just watched this and if he dishes out the same kind of guff to the players, can anyone really be surprised with our current form.

Because he wants to keep his options open?

Because the attention helps keep him in the spotlight

Because the threat of leaving get Sam Rush in his pocket? 

Because he wants an offer

There's 4 reasons for him not to rule out a move with a more definite answer. I can only think of 1 to say "I'm staying at Derby next season"

To stop fans gossiping and making up itk rumours. 

I don't think he cares about that. He doesn't owe us anything. 

Whether you think it's honourable or whatever... That's different. But he's being smart for his own good

Because he wants to keep his options open?

Because the attention helps keep him in the spotlight

Because the threat of leaving get Sam Rush in his pocket? 

Because he wants an offer

There's 4 reasons for him not to rule out a move with a more definite answer. I can only think of 1 to say "I'm staying at Derby next season"

To stop fans gossiping and making up itk rumours. 

I don't think he cares about that. He doesn't owe us anything. 

Whether you think it's honourable or whatever... That's different. But he's being smart for his own good

being a smart ****all right!

Someone asking if a USA Preseason Tour is possible would be much appreciated. :)

Do you want newcastle to play a pre-season tour in America?

Archived