Q&A with SM and SR...

TroyDyer

​Personally I think Albentosa will be a hell of a player.

....and you think keogh is poo.....you're barking mate, absolutely barking.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm (crash) fkd off (crash) that i've not had an invite.

i'll ring them up tomorrow and demand a ticket.

if i get one i'll buy you a pint.....and we can discuss why this forum still keeps crashing.

I hope you get an invite.  

Look around the place and look for the trendy guy .

That's me lol

​Eddie pal, calm down. If I've offended you with those old man type insinuations then I'm sorry.

I live by the rule that what is good for the goose is good for the gander. You rip the piss out of me on most occasions when I post these days even at one point calling me the village idiot of football knowledge.

I agree that sometimes I can't bite my tongue but you turned nasty on me long before I responded. maybe it's childish but my natural reaction is to fight back and to defend my corner.

Even on this thread, totally out of the blue you launched accusing me of bullshitting figures. You just went off on your high horse, now if you're going to dish out posts like that you can't then get all hoity toity when some comes back, I read this board most days even when I don't post and I'm staggered at the number of times you launch into your half fan tirades totally unprovoked.

You could always apologise to me for getting it wrong about the accounts instead of continuing with the argument. i would accept that apology.

​I apologise for getting it wrong about the accounts - even though I haven't substantiated the fact that I am wrong. I'm just not interested in any more confrontation so I'm conceding and walking away. All I will say is this: (and everything in this silly argument may, or may not, be a misinterpretation by me of what you posted or by you of what I posted, but I fear we may be comparing oranges to apples).

I read an article in the Derby Telegraph on 31 March which stated, among other things, "The Rams have reported a loss of £7m for the year ending June 30, 2014, compared to £7.1m previously."

Nothing I read in the article related to any date after that, and nowhere in the article did it mention anything about 7 million spent on transfers, and an extra 3-4 million on wages. Furthermore, I haven't seen any other article that suggests, as G STAR RAM is backing you up on this, that Derby have spent 7 million on transfers and an additional 3-4 million on wages this season.

So are the figures you are quoting in the accounts, implied from the accounts or from another source related to the accounts, either published or yet to be published?

​I apologise for getting it wrong about the accounts - even though I haven't substantiated the fact that I am wrong. I'm just not interested in any more confrontation so I'm conceding and walking away. All I will say is this: (and everything in this silly argument may, or may not, be a misinterpretation by me of what you posted or by you of what I posted, but I fear we may be comparing oranges to apples).

I read an article in the Derby Telegraph on 31 March which stated, among other things, "The Rams have reported a loss of £7m for the year ending June 30, 2014, compared to £7.1m previously."

Nothing I read in the article related to any date after that, and nowhere in the article did it mention anything about 7 million spent on transfers, and an extra 3-4 million on wages. Furthermore, I haven't seen any other article that suggests, as G STAR RAM is backing you up on this, that Derby have spent 7 million on transfers and an additional 3-4 million on wages this season.

So are the figures you are quoting in the accounts, implied from the accounts or from another source related to the accounts, either published or yet to be published?

​Hopefully I can help you with the answers:-

Don't forget in the year to 30/06/2014 we had some lucrative cup ties and the play offs which would have helped keep the loss down, these would need to be stripped out if you want to compare apples with apples.

The wage bill for the year ended 30/06/2014 was over £16m compared to over £12m the previous year, no doubt there will be a further increase in the year to 30/06/2015 which covers this season.

The accounts contain a note called 'post balance sheet events' which spell out major events since 30/06/2014 that will be reported in the next published set of accounts. Them notes refer to £6.7m of transfer fees/levies etc

So in summary, the wage increase is there in black and white and can be substantiated, the transfer fees are noted but yet to be reported in a set of accounts. The accounts have been published and are a public document on Companies House.

If you are as boring as me and want to read them, PM your e-mail address and I will send you a copy.

Why would the extra income be stripped out?

surely that's a result of paying higher wages for better players.

Having better players meant we finished higher, attendances were higher, we got further in the cups, and ended the season in the play offs.

if it had been another season of mid table mediocrity, we wouldn't have had to offer higher contracts to the players to keep them here, as no-one would have been interested in them.

​Hopefully I can help you with the answers:-

Don't forget in the year to 30/06/2014 we had some lucrative cup ties and the play offs which would have helped keep the loss down, these would need to be stripped out if you want to compare apples with apples.

The wage bill for the year ended 30/06/2014 was over £16m compared to over £12m the previous year, no doubt there will be a further increase in the year to 30/06/2015 which covers this season.

The accounts contain a note called 'post balance sheet events' which spell out major events since 30/06/2014 that will be reported in the next published set of accounts. Them notes refer to £6.7m of transfer fees/levies etc

So in summary, the wage increase is there in black and white and can be substantiated, the transfer fees are noted but yet to be reported in a set of accounts. The accounts have been published and are a public document on Companies House.

If you are as boring as me and want to read them, PM your e-mail address and I will send you a copy.

Do the accounts split the wages bill down by players / staff, G-star ?

Also it would be interesting to know where the pay off (I presume he got one) for Nigel and his staff would sit ?

I presume, once again that we gave out bonus related salary payments to people at the club for finishing higher and getting to Wembley , would these also sit within the salary figures ?

4 million is a lot, but it would be interesting to see just the players salary as a percentage of the overall turnover year on year, is this evident within the accounts ?

Thanks.

We're comparing two distinct business models,

let's call the first model the Glick/Clough:

Pay low wages for a small squad leading to a mid table finish, go out the cups early, very little chance of a play off finish and even less of a chance of promotion. Poor quality of football leads to the second lowest attendance figures since we moved to  Pride Park, and the probability that the trend will continue, the club in a general slump.

The bottom line being that the owners have to fund us with another 5million (For example).

the second model is the Rush/Macca:

A large squad with better players competing for promotion with a small chance of not making the play offs, but a good chance of achieving promotion. Players rewarded for their efforts with higher wages, good quality football leads to more income in the form of good cup runs, TV money from play off semi finals and more games televised, gate receipts from play off final, higher attendances and a general good feeling all round the club.

the bottom line being that the owners have to fund us with another 5million (once again this is an example).

Which of the two do you prefer?

Glick/. Clough - there is sickness and pestilence throughout the land, evil walks the earth, dogs bark in the night, babies die, and a million hopes die everyday.

or 

Rush / McClaren - there is music and singing; freedom and joy; the sun is bright and shiny in an azure blue sky, topless bronzed women walk out of the surf, and everywhere there is gentle contentment, peace and love. 

Glick/. Clough - there is sickness and pestilence throughout the land, evil walks the earth, dogs bark in the night, babies die, and a million hopes die everyday.

or 

Rush / McClaren - there is music and singing; freedom and joy; the sun is bright and shiny in an azure blue sky, topless bronzed women walk out of the surf, and everywhere there is gentle contentment, peace and love. 

Exactly

Famine and Pestilence wins every time.

....and you think keogh is poo.....you're barking mate, absolutely barking.

​Hence why I said I think Albentosa WILL be a hell of a player. Not he is at that standard currently. He has been here 5 minutes and hasn't been given a string of games to find his feet. One minute he is in, the next he is out. He is playing on the left side with Keogh, then he is out, then he is on the right side with Forsyth... 

Keogh has been here for years, plays every single game, and is still bang average. 

Will see next season what Raul evolves into. 

​Hence why I said I think Albentosa WILL be a hell of a player. Not he is at that standard currently. He has been here 5 minutes and hasn't been given a string of games to find his feet. One minute he is in, the next he is out. He is playing on the left side with Keogh, then he is out, then he is on the right side with Forsyth... 

Keogh has been here for years, plays every single game, and is still bang average. 

Will see next season what Raul evolves into. 

We're all extremely sorry that the average Championship defender, signed for a modest fee from a relegated division 2 side, fails to live up to your very high expectations.

i hope next season, that when the average defender we signed for a modest fee from a poor Spanish club, also fails to live up to your high standards, that you let us know at every opportunity.

We're all extremely sorry that the average Championship defender, signed for a modest fee from a relegated division 2 side, fails to live up to your very high expectations.

i hope next season, that when the average defender we signed for a modest fee from a poor Spanish club, also fails to live up to your high standards, that you let us know at every opportunity.

Do the accounts split the wages bill down by players / staff, G-star ?

Also it would be interesting to know where the pay off (I presume he got one) for Nigel and his staff would sit ?

I presume, once again that we gave out bonus related salary payments to people at the club for finishing higher and getting to Wembley , would these also sit within the salary figures ?

4 million is a lot, but it would be interesting to see just the players salary as a percentage of the overall turnover year on year, is this evident within the accounts ?

Thanks.

​Afraid not, although if you search hard enough I am pretty sure that Glick and Rush have made references to the playing staff wage bill at various points over the last few years.

The pay off is most likely sat within wages and the amount is disclosed in the accounts (£800k ish)

No idea on the second point and I doubt that the figures would amount to much anyway, promotion bonuses may have been a totally different animal!

£4 million is an awful lot, especially considering that this relates to last year! When you consider the new signings/loans this year plus the new contracts I reckon we could be looking at the same increase in the next set of accounts!

Got an email about a free Q&A with Macca and Rush on April 23rd. 

Have applied for tickets. Might be interesting given the Newcastle/Chelsea/Bucko/Gandhi talk. 

Anyone else applied?

I can't find out anything about it at all.

The email came from the club but for registration to attend you were redirected to the mortgage advice bureau website who are i guess are event sponsors. Maybe the distribution list for the original invite was to people who had been to one previously ? Just guessing as I went to the one last May at the ipro with SR and JV and got invited to this one 

Archived