Q&A with SM and SR...

TroyDyer

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​Both McClaren and Rush answered this. I don't think we know the true level of fitness of Barker, apparently he cannot train properly and has to wear a special boot still. I think they worry about him regressing in his recovery if he plays for Derby this season. But they are recommending him to two clubs (maybe Burton and Oxford), and they hope he plays at Professional level again, but he's so far away.

​Yeah I understand not wanting him to aggravate his injury, but if he can manage 4 or 5 u21 games, I'd imagine he could manage 3 or 4 minutes at the end of a (possibly) meaningless game

McClaren says it's disrespectful to talk about Newcastle yet on the very same day says he turned them down.

What is he on? Is it something he puts in his tea during the interviews or something? 

​He said 'he had an offer'.

Didn't say 'the Newcastle job'. 

Why do so many Derby fans have to be so fecking precious?

Well if he leaves so be it. Sounds like he turned down an offer in January to try close out his job here. That shows a bit of character from him. 

Fair play to the man, I wish him all the best in the future. Wont be laughing when he's hounded out of Newcastle by January and he's back to managing Dutch league or a worse championship side though. 

So this afternoon McClaren told Owen Bradley and Steve Nicholson it was basically disrespectful etc etc. Has 2 years left on contract etc. The transcript is on the DET website. 

Then tonight apparently says he was offered the job in January and turned it down. 

He would make a bloody good politician 

Seen a few tweets, to sum up, Barker is leaving, Rush is staying, McClaren turned down Newcastle in January, he's leaving in the summer.

​Mmm, interesting. So either Sam Rush was lying about there being no approach or Newcastle tapped McClaren up.

McClaren says it's disrespectful to talk about Newcastle yet on the very same day says he turned them down.

What is he on? Is it something he puts in his tea during the interviews or something? 

​He said 'he had an offer'.

Didn't say 'the Newcastle job'. 

Why do so many Derby fans have to be so fecking precious?

Well if he leaves so be it. Sounds like he turned down an offer in January to try close out his job here. That shows a bit of character from him. 

Fair play to the man, I wish him all the best in the future. Wont be laughing when he's hounded out of Newcastle by January and he's back to managing Dutch league or a worse championship side though. 

So this afternoon McClaren told Owen Bradley and Steve Nicholson it was basically disrespectful etc etc. Has 2 years left on contract etc. The transcript is on the DET website. 

Then tonight apparently says he was offered the job in January and turned it down. 

He would make a bloody good politician 

​just to clear this up, he never said he had an offer, he never said he turned them down, he never said anything that comprehensive, and I apologise if it's my post that gave the impression he said he did.

What was said, the words I remember were "there was reported interest in the winter.... I sat down with Sam and I've never been as honest with anyone as I was then.... I said maybe 5 or 6 years ago, I'd have gone...my ambitions and the premier league and all that.... but I was not interested as I have a good job... I love it here... great backing... great staff... great bunch of players...."

Now I'm seriously pissed and people nit-picking, some of you are ******* disgraceful. When a man says "i don't want to speak about it as it's disrespectful", it doesn't take a ******* genius to work out he's talking about in the media, does he have to spell everything out? Are some of you seriously that ******* stupid? 

Tonight was off air, it was a forum, where people there were season ticket holders and SUPPOSED to be fans! There's a manager trying to bond with fans and you throw back in his face.

I am ashamed of some Derby fans.

I don't know why people can't just enjoy the rest of the season,let the dust settle at the end of it, and then form opinions on hard facts,rather than speculation.

​just to clear this up, he never said he had an offer, he never said he turned them down, he never said anything that comprehensive, and I apologise if it's my post that gave the impression he said he did.

What was said, the words I remember were "there was reported interest in the winter.... I sat down with Sam and I've never been as honest with anyone as I was then.... I said maybe 5 or 6 years ago, I'd have gone...my ambitions and the premier league and all that.... but I was not interested as I have a good job... I love it here... great backing... great staff... great bunch of players...."

Now I'm seriously pissed and people nit-picking, some of you are ******* disgraceful. When a man says "i don't want to speak about it as it's disrespectful", it doesn't take a ******* genius to work out he's talking about in the media, does he have to spell everything out? Are some of you seriously that ******* stupid? 

Tonight was off air, it was a forum, where people there were season ticket holders and SUPPOSED to be fans! There's a manager trying to bond with fans and you throw back in his face.

I am ashamed of some Derby fans.

Well said and my mate was there, he just said Mac didn't say that so there you go. Some of our fans are embarrassing as **** tbf. 

Archived