Q&A with SM and SR...

TroyDyer

so the derby telegraph is now reporting mcclaren said he turned down newcastle in january based on a tweet sent by derby podcast saying it and another tweeter also said "yes he said that" in the article. But @Mostyn6 says mcclaren never said this.  So now im confused why two people have come away from the q and a hearing different things. 

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So no criticism of McClaren for some bad decisions in the last few months , sounds like they only let ar se lickers in .:unsure:

Pity you weren't there then to put your arguments forward. 

He didn't get an easy ride but he's a skillful operator. 

Huddersfield was a difficult subject for him at half time but he told us the truth.  

so the derby telegraph is now reporting mcclaren said he turned down newcastle in january based on a tweet sent by derby podcast saying it and another tweeter also said "yes he said that" in the article. But @Mostyn6 says mcclaren never said this.  So now im confused why two people have come away from the q and a hearing different things. 

​because maybe people hear what they want to hear and interpret things differently? Just a thought....

the only hing to do is support the team, wait til the end of the season and see how it plays out. No point worrying about anything else.

IMO Mac said he turned down Newcastle in January and 6 years ago he would have jumped at it but he stayed because he likes it at Derby and through loyalty . 

​I hope I'm not included in that selection of precious buggers because I've barely said a word about McClaren to Newcastle. I was just advising you to use the ignore function so your blood pressure doesn't go through the roof :lol:

​No, you're one of the excellent posters.

A bugger, but excellent as opposed to precious

​One was a troll?

I concentrated on the actual words McClaren used. They were very specific. 

I also made a mental note of things that he could've said but didn't. Things he didn't say:-

Talking to Newcastle

Wanting to leave

Any job offer or approach

Speaking to anyone other than Sam Rush about Newcastle.

-------------------------------------------

Now if someone wasn't listening properly, they can draw a conclusion that McClaren had a chance to go but didn't take it, but he never said anything remotely close. He never got further than "reported interest in Winter", in fact he repeated those four words in sequence a few times.

Can I just say I'm disappointed this section of the forum hasn't been called "Talk of the Toon".

​Yeah , whose bothered really , if he goes is he taking the club with him.

Did anyone ask any pertinent questions about team performance I wonder ?.

Newcastle who the flook are Newcastle .

Let's move on and concentrate on the most important aspect of the report - Sam Rush has categorically said he is going nowhere, so the "he's leaving us for Chelsea" rumours can be ignored

My biggest worry was Rush leaving with Mac. If Mac leaves, I trust Sam to make a wise and ambitious appointment.

If Rush were gone too, I genuinely fear we'd descend into a vortex of Fawaz-esque instability

​Yeah , whose bothered really , if he goes is he taking the club with him.

Did anyone ask any pertinent questions about team performance I wonder ?.

Newcastle who the flook are Newcastle .

​I think it would've been quite uncouth and disrespectful. 

Performance is objective when it comes to judgement. Results however are not. 

I don't think anyone would've been surprised by any answer given to a question about performance or result. In fact, ask me the question you think we should've asked, and I will give you the answer Steve would've given.

I also made a mental note of things that he could've said but didn't. Things he didn't say:-

Talking to Newcastle

Wanting to leave

Now if someone wasn't listening properly, they can draw a conclusion that McClaren had a chance to go but didn't take it, but he never said anything remotely close. He never got further than "reported interest in Winter", in fact he repeated those four words in sequence a few times.

Did the plumber make an appearance last night?

i think until we have it confirmed by him, nothing changes,

Did the plumber make an appearance last night?

i think until we have it confirmed by him, nothing changes,

​with regard to this kind of thing. I know for a fact that some players DO think McClaren is leaving, and have been spouting off. I do worry there are a couple of bad apples in there at the moment and for whatever reason they cannot keep their mouth shut and have potentially derailed our season. The plumber is going to tell his tales, I don't for one minute doubt he's telling the truth, it might be that he wasn't told the truth though!

I remember talking to players in pubs and some of the things they're willing to say to a random fat lad in a boozer is shocking.

​I think it would've been quite uncouth and disrespectful.

Performance is objective when it comes to judgement. Results however are not.

I don't think anyone would've been surprised by any answer given to a question about performance or result. In fact, ask me the question you think we should've asked, and I will give you the answer Steve would've given.

​No you will not , you will give your opinion of the answer he may have given

​with regard to this kind of thing. I know for a fact that some players DO think McClaren is leaving, and have been spouting off. I do worry there are a couple of bad apples in there at the moment and for whatever reason they cannot keep their mouth shut and have potentially derailed our season. The plumber is going to tell his tales, I don't for one minute doubt he's telling the truth, it might be that he wasn't told the truth though!

I remember talking to players in pubs and some of the things they're willing to say to a random fat lad in a boozer is shocking.

​I've always said that the team spirit we were famous for last season has disapeeared and it has been evident on the pitch. Your comment doesn't surprise me at all. You don't win things with an unsettled dressing room. I bet you won't tell me who, but I can probably guess.

Talking to Newcastle

Wanting to leave

​Its disappointing then that Derby Telegraph has decided to make a news story off one tweet without doing any research therefore now only fueling a lot of Rams fans into meltdown. Fans are saying they don't even want Mac here now next season, our best manager in years, our best two seasons in years, such a complete farce this all is. 

​Its disappointing then that Derby Telegraph has decided to make a news story off one tweet without doing any research therefore now only fueling a lot of Rams fans into meltdown. Fans are saying they don't even want Mac here now next season, our best manager in years, our best two seasons in years, such a complete farce this all is. 

​And now, former Championship fan of the year Nick is suggesting McClaren should be put on gardening leave, just wow

Archived