Wolverhampton Wanderers v Derby County

Chris Mills

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just do not see how Mac is getting any blame for this defeat. He was spot on with his tactics, not his fault two inept defending errors led to Wolves getting their goals and the great chances we had just did not go in.

What do some expect? Players play, managers manage.

I am frustrated, not disappointed. We played well on the whole, McClaren went attacking and it nearly paid off. The ref had a stinker. Two defensive howlers. How many times did their keeper make a fumble, but it never fell our way. We are just not having any luck at the moment. Considering the players we had out, using an unfit Bent, I think we gave it a great go tonight.

Get everybody back and have a real charge at winning the last 7 games.

Missed the game tonight, saw the result - gutted tbh. Looked at stats and saw we appeared to be on top (stats arent everything though i'll freely admit) then saw their goals and the foul on bent. Both goals were utterly appalling, Grant's was a pure fluke - awful mistake - but not much different to Ruddy's last week really just one of them things. For me what was Forsyth doing for their first though? Shocking doesn't seem to do it justice for either of the goals. Then the red card incident. Didn't look to be much in it as a foul really but the foul was given and surely by the letter of the law thats a straight red no questions? Clear goalscoring opportunity as we put the ball in the goal about 2 seconds later? Obviously can't judge a game and a performance on stats and three highlights so can anyone tell me what happened for the other 88 minutes?? First time i've ever been excited for an international break

You can only blame the manager when the players step over the white line and visibly show they have either no idea what they're doing, or whether they don't believe in what they are being told to do.

We're the best-coached team by far outside the Premier League. The reason we have yet again come up short has nothing to do with the management, but more with the players once again shooting themselves in the foot.

I said before that I fear McLaren is too advanced, too good for a number of our players. Poor bloke must be tearing his hair out working with error-strewn players like Keogh and Forsyth. If he could work with better quality players, the ones you can buy at PL level, he'll take us on to a whole new level.

Problem is getting there in the first place. I don't want us to abandon our system and style of play, but it's frustrating when all your hard work is undone by an incompetent player who can't clear his lines properly or passes straight to the oppsiton 20-yards from goal.

I hope the old adage that luck and refereeing decisions tend to even themselves out over the season as we are due a few whoppers / clangers / never a pen moment(s) soon.

But very often when things are going bad things just don't seem to come off. I am sure after the international break we will mount a successful charge into the play-off places.

Only need to finish 6th at the end of the day to have your name in the promotion hat.

PistoldPete2

We only semed to take shots from outside the box. Had no one getting down sides and getting round the back to get crosses in. Players errors cost them there place but what happens to refs that make mistakes, nothing.

I know a lot of people are frustrated, but if you can't see that tonight was just a case of extreme bad luck you're a *****. If you want to slaughter the manager or the players by all means go through the embarrassing Fulham game and the Boro and Norwich games where we failed to compete.

Tonight I thought McClaren was brave with his team selection in changing it up and dropping the defensive midfielder. Ince was fantastic in the hole and it's good we've finally discovered a legitimate second option, albeit several weeks too late. I'm pleased to see Bryson back in the starting 11, but annoyed that it's taken an injury for the out of form Hendrick to be dropped.

From who? You? McClaren got it spot on tonight. Individual mistakes and an awful one from the ref cost us, not McClaren. 

I agree that the referee made a silly mistake that cost us either a goal or the opportunity to play against 10 men. That apart, again we did not really create anything, just endless crosses into the box that Wolves found easy to deal with. I understand your disappointment but it really is too predictable. My question mark against McClaren is that with the loss of his centre foreward he has done nothing to change the way we play to suit the players that we have available. In my opinion, we have good players and a good manager who has had some shortcomings exposed lately. I know yet another two bad mistakes cost us, but we do not particularly look like scoring, and that is a worry. 

​He gave Keogh and foozy a new contract in the summer so he must rate them and be happy to work with them. If he was tearing his hair out then he should have shipped them out in the summer and replaced with better quality

​And he picked the right ones....

Archived