Wolverhampton Wanderers v Derby County

Chris Mills

On the match apart from the mistakes, i thought we played well and enjoyed the new formation 4231. I like the idea of Hughes being that little bit deeper picking those neat intricate passes when in the last third of the pitch and thought we looked dangerous and composed playing like this.

One small thing that wound me up (and i really like the kid) was Christie's inept ability to play the ball simple. on a number of times he could of played the ball down the line to Russell or inside to Bryson or Hughes and he just plainly ignored them for some strange reason and lost the ball every time. Very strange.

Bring on this very welcomed international break!

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well it seems that there are 3 different reasons for the recent bad spell:

A) Bad luck.So that's all right then,we just wait for good luck to come along.We don't

need a manager, then.

B) Defensive errors.No other team in the league has defenders that make mistakes.

A+B) Ah,It's bad luck for us to have the only players that make mistakes.

D) I forgot the other one that keeps cropping up - Referees,we are the only team that

has a problem with bad refs.

Thank god for all the geniuses on here.

grant is attracting a lot of criticism and yes he made a mistake but the reason we conceded two goals was the very poor defensive display from Forsyth who was responsible for both goals. 

Can't fault the performance at all; they played fantastically well for saying our two main men are out. Two brilliant shots inches wide of the net, Bent being took down by the last man and no red card - how unlucky can you get? Doesn't it show how far we've come when we get disappointed about trying to secure a play off place. We will be so much better after the international break and that will give us that extra push.

I like to think it is all part of an elaborate master plan by McLaren to see us finish fourth and for the Red dogs to finish sixth then for us hopefully to beat our respective teams and for us to exact the ultimate revenge and claim back the Brian Clough trophy at the play off finals Wembley. That's how my brain copes with it. 

We're talking about the guy that turned Derby from Midtable mediocrity, negative goal difference and not a single season where we won more than we lost into a team that... never mind. 

I can see where all this is going to end up. 

There's a part of me now hoping he goes to Newcastle and we get stuck with Brian McDermott and back we go in terms of quality and results. 

Then when youre all dreaming of being in a position where you're settling for the play offs i'll be laughing. 

This season has been a real eye opener for me. I didn't realise how mardy, abusive and arrogant Derby fans are. 

You know the club's that are ***** and then a good manager takes them on. Then they sack him and the whole of football says "who do they think they are?" 

That's Derby. 

And that's where all this McClaren **** is headed. Maybe next week,  maybe next year. Maybe we'll get promoted and then during a relegation battle it will be "he's took us as far as we can". Then he's sacked and we start coming up with names like Hiddink and AVB. Then get Warnock. 

Deluded, arrogant, mardy, abusive and ungrateful fans.

Ask yourself.  Who the hell are Derby? Nobody in my time.  Less successful than Wigan and Leicester. And I'm 30. 

Mock away

We're talking about the guy that turned Derby from Midtable mediocrity, negative goal difference and not a single season where we won more than we lost into a team that... never mind. 

There's a part of me now hoping he goes to Newcastle and we get stuck with Brian McDermott and back we go in terms of quality and results. 

Then when youre all dreaming of being in a position where you're settling for the play offs i'll be laughing. 

This season has been a real eye opener for me. I didn't realise how mardy, abusive and arrogant Derby fans are. 

You know the club's that are ***** and then a good manager takes them on. Then they sack him and the whole of football says "who do they think they are?" 

That's Derby. 

And that's where all this McClaren **** is headed. Maybe next week,  maybe next year. Maybe we'll get promoted and then during a relegation battle it will be "he's took us as far as we can". Then he's sacked and we start coming up with names like Hiddink and AVB. Then get Warnock. 

Ask yourself.  Who the hell are Derby? Nobody in my time.  Less successful than Wigan and Leicester. And I'm 30. 

Mock away

As it's looking more likely that if we're going to go up it's via the play offs, would anyone not want to face Wolves in the play offs?

Whilst I think they're a good team who certainly have players who can hurt you, their style of play makes the 90 minutes a very open game. Bar the mistakes it was quite an enjoyable match and one on another day with a bit more cutting edge we could have easily won.

​What a load of tosh. He's "too good" for them? A good coach surely is able to work with the players to get rid of these bad habits? Are you saying that if a world class manager came to Derby, we'd still be where we are now because they'd be too good to coach the errors out of our players?

I know he's not a miracle worker but the buck stops with him, always. He's the head coach, his job is get us promoted. Having said that, I still back Mac, but "too advanced" for our players is a big fat load.

That's Derby. 

Mock away

Archived