Wolverhampton Wanderers v Derby County

Chris Mills

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought we played well. Totally dominated the second half.

that is the third time this season that we have put the ball in the net only to be awarded a free kick. The refereeing is ridiculous. I didn't think it was a red card, but it was a goal which is more important.

the team selection worked. Finally we lost this obsession with trying to find a holding midfielder we don't posses and played a more attacking line up. Hughes, bryson and ince were all really good. We couldn't quite find the final ball to unlock a packed defence but bent was only a size 9 from breaking the deadlock. We hit the woodwork twice from distance. 

It was typical derby. Couldn't score but were sloppy at the back. I thought christie did ok. Forsyth is much better going forward when bryson is in close attendance, but he has a bad habit of swinging his boot like a mallet whether he is attacking or defending. I thought albentosa was a bit better than previous matches but he does have a strange habit of letting the ball bounce over his head. Those who expected a stimac are suffering because of your own deluded expectations. I said at the time that he was more of a jim holton than an igor stimac, and so it seems, but that type of brute stopper can have a role to play. 

i think the keeper IS a problem. These errors would lead to WW3 if it was yaka banovic or steve cherry or frankie fielding. 

Nevertheless we need to just keep going. The autos are gone. If we make the play offs then we might still do it.

if we don't, we don't. 

Gutted with the result, but overall I'm still delighted with the progress this club has made over the last two years, and I know the good times will be upon us very soon. We've thrown a lot of money at this season, it will be deemed a failure, but who cares. There's always next season.

Blown it!

Another example of not only bad refereeing but poor defending, Grant has expired as a first choice, too many howlers.... Bent is hopeless up front without a dive buddy He's in the deep without oxygen, with the Bent bends.... This time tomorrow we will hanging by the skin in 6th with everyone above gaining distance,and below queuing to overtake us,No play off's this year the dream is over..... Watford ticket I have but they will stuff us so really not looking forwards to that impending disaster...... We're just not ready I'm sad to say :(

Yes we are all Derby supporters and want us to be successful and will continue to support the team no matter what but here we go again with blind faithers who wear rose tinted glasses and so nobody is allowed to actually criticise the mighty Rams. Yawn....  This is the poster who called most posters on here "ungrateful shites". Enough said

You can only blame the manager when the players step over the white line and visibly show they have either no idea what they're doing, or whether they don't believe in what they are being told to do.

We're the best-coached team by far outside the Premier League. The reason we have yet again come up short has nothing to do with the management, but more with the players once again shooting themselves in the foot.

I said before that I fear McLaren is too advanced, too good for a number of our players. Poor bloke must be tearing his hair out working with error-strewn players like Keogh and Forsyth. If he could work with better quality players, the ones you can buy at PL level, he'll take us on to a whole new level.

Problem is getting there in the first place. I don't want us to abandon our system and style of play, but it's frustrating when all your hard work is undone by an incompetent player who can't clear his lines properly or passes straight to the oppsiton 20-yards from goal.

His coaching isnt working? 

Your memory isn't if you can't remember where most these lads were about 2 years ago. 

Thank you my point exactly that others have attempted to poo poo when I posted my views on here last night.  McClaren IS accountable for players making huge rickets when they're on the playing field as it's his job to coach them NOT to do so. 

Just got back from the game.

Firstly, I'd like to apologise for letting us down. Seems I have pretty much thrown away our final shot at the autos.

Secondly, I think despite the result, we played better than our past few performances and that is something to take away. Lets have the international break, see what our best team looks like and crack on.

Not going to let it get me down, of course its disappointing after the position we were in just a month ago, however, at the end of the day it's just a game and you need to remember you watch football for entertainment. If you start to lose the entertainment value, win or lose, maybe you should be having a break from football. I think that's what some of you need.

Well it seems that there are 3 different reasons for the recent bad spell:

A) Bad luck.So that's all right then,we just wait for good luck to come along.We don't

need a manager, then.

B) Defensive errors.No other team in the league has defenders that make mistakes.

A+B) Ah,It's bad luck for us to have the only players that make mistakes.

D) I forgot the other one that keeps cropping up - Referees,we are the only team that

has a problem with bad refs.

Thank god for all the geniuses on here.

Firstly, I'd like to apologise for letting us down. Seems I have pretty much thrown away our final shot at the autos.

Secondly, I think despite the result, we played better than our past few performances and that is something to take away. Lets have the international break, see what our best team looks like and crack on.

Not going to let it get me down, of course its disappointing after the position we were in just a month ago, however, at the end of the day it's just a game and you need to remember you watch football for entertainment. If you start to lose the entertainment value, win or lose, maybe you should be having a break from football. I think that's what some of you need.

I agree with several posters on here in that, while a better performance is an indication that we may be getting better, at this late stage of the season, it's points that count

On the match apart from the mistakes, i thought we played well and enjoyed the new formation 4231. I like the idea of Hughes being that little bit deeper picking those neat intricate passes when in the last third of the pitch and thought we looked dangerous and composed playing like this.

One small thing that wound me up (and i really like the kid) was Christie's inept ability to play the ball simple. on a number of times he could of played the ball down the line to Russell or inside to Bryson or Hughes and he just plainly ignored them for some strange reason and lost the ball every time. Very strange.

Bring on this very welcomed international break!

Archived