Derby County v Middlesbrough

-JW-

It's hard to draw positives from the last two games. 

The way we've set out has been absolutely mind-numbing. McClaren has completely forgot himself and has shown a severe inability to work around 'the system' 

It will be interesting to see how many clubs want him if we don't make the play-offs. The top two are beyond us now. 

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The gap is too big now and what it also shows from tonights game is we seem to lack anybody with any leadership qualities, it as though we have run out of ideas, on and off the pitch.

I was hopping that we would turn things around tonight, but unfortunately things are going bad to worse, I am now really worried about the Wolves game on Friday.

Unfortunately it is now out of our hands for automatic, playoffs seem the best option and that's not a certainty.

Getting sick of  the propaganda coming out of DCFC. Thorne will be back sat. He wasn't. Thorne will be back tonight. He isn't. No doubt bent won't be back Friday either. Just tell us the truth 

Don't worry lads you still should have enough points to go up once the points for attendances are added on at the end of the season!

Unlucky though, it was an honour for my little tin pot club to be able to share a pitch with such a massive club and the best team in the league by far.

Good luck with Wolves Friday :D

As i stated on another thread, i wasn't expecting him tonight, and i'm not expecting him friday either.

altho we might now wheel him out in sheer desperation.

He's not fit. He hasn't been allowed to built up his fitness, and the strength in his knee.

He hurt his knee in that last match he played. whether its a mimor knock or something else is not known but as soon as it happened he manipulated his knee, just as he did against zenit.

we really need to understand that george has suffered two potentially career ending injuries, and he is at risk of doing it again. There is a possibility of a repeat tear. Just let him recover properly. He won't make the difference now in his current condition.

Save him for next season, but don't be surprised if he suffers another setback.

Coud of  been playing all night and we wouldn't have scored. Middlesbrough have our number and deserved to win, they are a organised side. It was a poor performance and i can't see us going to wolves and winning. We have bottled it and imo it's out of boro, Watford and bournemouth for automatics. We can for sure say injuries have cost us but mistakes have cost us aswell. Are we better than last season? I'm not so sure. 

Nothings that bad, look at Wigan Brighton.

Tonight and Saturday were against top teams. Wolves and Watford to come. I wouldn't be surprised to loose both those games.

BUT

Then we have 6 winnable games and the prospect of some of the big players back, plus the international break to regroup and have some time away form the pressure of the league - only Ward is really likely to be playing the internationals and he could do with the extra game time anyway.

suppose we win 5 of the last 6 games and go into the play offs winning and on 82pts, all to play for really. we just need a spark from somewhere and I think we'll be rate again.

Oh sausage it.....least the club is financially stable and well run at present and there'll still be Derby next seaosn to drive us all potty.

​No, of course he doesn't, but it's bloody frustrating to read post after post of quasi-wummery. Our fans are terrible at supporting the club. Ungrateful little shites.

Again like saturday for me there wasn't a lot in the game. You can hardly say Middlesborough outplayed us or out fort us. Their best chances came from our own doing and unfortunately it cost us a point or 3 points however you look at it.

We didn't look like scoring, but we all know this is down to the fact without Martin or bent, mainly martin, we have no outlet for our style. As a team we are really lacking confidence and because of this we have lost our composure. Therefore we aren't passing around as comfortably as we normally would, add to that the fact that we don't seem to really know about how to build our attacks without that focal point of Martin.

For all Russell's hard work, he can't do the job on his own, its just not his game. Now we could argue that McClaren as a top coach, he should be finding an alternative way for us to play whilst our players are injured, to best suit the ones we have available. But the the thing is, our 4 3 3 formation with the holding midfielder has worked so well for us we have only signed players to fit that formation, and injuries aside, we cannot blame the set up for doing that because it does work so well for us.

Tonight I looked at the team and thought even if we changed our formation, I couldn't really figure out which one would suit us. I don't think we'd have had anymore success if we'd switched or started with a 4 4 2. I did think Thomas looked lively when he came on and you could tell he was a centre forward because he seem to be able to get hold of the ball better. But he is very young and I can understand why we didn't throw him in from the start.

Middlesborough defend well and are a well drilled team with all their players fit and playing and tonight for me they had that someone in Bamford to get in behind or create that little spark they needed to do something. I for one clapped Bamford when he clapped the Derby fans at the end because for us he was a good player and scored some important goals. As a Derby fan, I don't hold the fact he supports Forest and lets it be known against him. If I were a player  and even if I had played for Forest, I would celebrate wildly if I scored a winner against them on their own turf. 

Our injuries and lapse in confidence have all come at the same time for us and unfortunately I think it will be play offs, autos aren't completely out of the picture but I think we'd have to win all 8 remaining games and I just don't think the current mood we are in we can do that.

Defensively yes we need improving and I hope in the summer a centre back and a right back are our first port of call. I'm not one to slate the players but some of our defensive play is no where near good enough for a promotion chasing team. 

Also on a side note my dad thinks that ever since Ibe left we have missed something and I think i'd have to agree. 

Sorry for the essay, its not over yet COYR

Just watched the goal back and it was as disappointing as it looked from the stands. A poor pass from Christie Inviting pressure, poor defending two defenders stepping forward and losing Bamford who it kills me to say took his chance well. So frustrating if we were outplayed you could except defeat but again a mistake costs us. Being a realist we don't deserve to go up on current form. Let's pray for some luck and get the players fit soon for what looks like a playoff push. 

Archived