Derby County v Middlesbrough

-JW-

Ward needs taking out the team, he's lost his speed, and his one and only trick( the knock around the corner and chase after it) doesn't work anymore.

why doesn't Lingard start next game for a change? Is ward really better than him?

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought Bamford was different class tonight and despite all the **** he was given throughout the game still had a bit of class to acknowledge the north stand in a non-sarcastic way. Top man.

We've got a Titus Bramble defence. Solid for 89 minutes but there's always that one error that costs us. Ne'mind, onto Wolves!

Just back. It was a decent game and there was nothing between the sides other than a brilliant finish. Can't fault the work rate of the players or their desire. Keogh had a brilliant game, other than that blip at the end which to be fair he made up for. Hanson I thought did well and looks a composed player. Fozzy controlled Adomah well. Ince anonymous and frankly his lack of a right foot is quite a handicap for him as he's become easy to pick up, Albentosa can defend but looks very uncomfortable with the ball at his feet. Felt for Christie, had done ok but visibly went to pieces after his mistake led to the goal. 

My only gripe is at the management team for continuing to play like Martin is on the pitch. Banging balls up to Russell and Bent before he got injured doesn't work and we conceded possession tonight constantly. We played well defensively and in the middle but offered very little up front because the Boro back four were huge compared to our front three so we just spent too much time playing long balls onto the defenders' heads. I can understand it more if we're away, on the back foot, defending hard and have no other realistic outlet, but at home and with plenty of the ball there's no excuse. They've had a lot of time to figure out something else but either haven't or won't and the team is struggling as a result. 

Fair play to Boro, it was an absolute classic away performance. Tight, organised, well drilled and took the opportunity when it came. They didn't look great, but were very hard to break down.

My mate sat next to me said he won all of his headers. 1st half he was quite awful didn't seem up for it 2nd half they had a tussle the whole stand was singing Patrick Bamford what a ****** what a ******.

Then he started chasing everything then obviously scored he actually looked like he wanted it then. Funny how a song can effect a player (IMO before people start lol). Same with Dean Windass when we started singing you fast ******* he started performing bangs one in and rubs his belly at us (Was funny at the time I guess).

As much as I hate him it's more to the fact he's a Forest fan and kissed his badge when he scored at home. Don't blame him for celebrating of course he is class if we had him from the start of the season I think we would of been clear now (All ifs and buts).

The long balls from the back came from forsyth and albentosa too.

as for bamford, he was always a central striker and we played him wide.

he's also got a bit better.

GRANT .. 7

CHRISTIE .. 6

KEOGH .. 7 .. has done really well to rise above the abuse he gets every week .. 

ALBENTOSA .. 6 .. his left foot a bit of a worry at times , not something that can be levelled at Buxton .. 

FORSYTH .. 6 

HANSON .. 7 .. has exceeded all expectations , possibly our best player on the night .. 

HUGHES .. 7

BRYSON .. 5 

INCE .. 6 

RUSSELL .. 4 .. in his defence , he doesn't look remotely like a centre forward , and was playing really well as a winger .. 

WARD .. 6 

HENDRICK .. 5 

LINGARD .. 6

THOMAS .. 6 

Boring as it may seem , it remains truly incredible to consider just how much , with the system we play , we were reliant upon one man , Chris Martin .. Ok , so we miss Thorne too , but we stayed in top 3 for most of the season without him , but once Martin was injured , the rot really set in .. 

I didn't meant to quote. I meant to 'like'. But now I've pressed quote your post appears every time I go to post until I actually use it. So ill be stalked by this quote unless I use it.

I don't really have anything to say to you though. 

So yeah, er, good post. Nice typing. 

...that brought a smile when there's not much to smile about.

Morning after the night before, hope we've all calmed down a bit?  No team is averaging over two points a game this season, and I see no reason why that's likely to change.  Hence our season isn't over and we need to keep plugging away.  Pull a rabbit out of the hat against Wolves on Friday and how important does the Watford game become?

COYR

we have to take it on the chin, I am honestly not blaming the coach or his staff but I do not rate the board, looking around the league and the amounts being paid for players, we are questionably the largest club in this league and we have not spent a lot. 

we are relying heavily on the loans market and players that are playing beyond there capability, it was always going to hit us at some point.

if you look at villa for instance when they were shipping in goals right, left and centre they reverted to two holding midfielders, we are not able to generate one holding midfielder because our main man (thorne) is injured and the cover (mascarell) is also absent, same with martin and bent, the ball just pings back to the opposition, we have a lot of youth in the side and we need a level head but at the moment we look lost, somebody noted that the U21 squad should be playing in the same formation we use for the first team which is a cracking idea, just hop confidence returns when the injury list clears up.

somebody noted that the U21 squad should be playing in the same formation we use for the first team which is a cracking idea, just hop confidence returns when the injury list clears up.

Obviously we are missing martin and the holding player but......our problems go a bit deeper than that.

when we were poor at boro away we had martin and mascarell in the team and yet we were still poor.

It is absolutely vital that we sort this asap but we just don't look capable of getting back in the groove.

in addition to the problems associated with Martin and Thorne......

grant and keogh drop clangers every game

teams have rumbled that if they press us as we go sideways across the back four then we are liable to panic and drop a bolllock.

poor old christie.....he's a really good player.....but his confidence is so fragile.

we rely on the full backs to be our main attacking threat and right now, they don't have the required quality.

Ward and ince seem slightly off it.

We created very little v boro and altho we worked hard and competed, we seem to lack the required quality all over the pitch.

thats the painful truth.

All the possession with no end product. Pass it across the back four for ages inviting them on then repeatedly lump it up to Ince, who won zero headers, or russell who is five foot nothing.

need some more ideas as we look hopeless at the moment. Didn't get a shot on goal for about 83 minutes!

Archived