Derby County v Middlesbrough

-JW-

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Poor game,poor tactics,no passion we deserved to lose. Before the armchair fans come and say otherwise i was at the game. We played hoof ball like every other championship team and played straight into middlesboroughs hands. Thomas looked ok when he came on. Would rather he played up than watching russell suffer

This is the lowest I've felt since the play-off defeat. From 5 points clear of second and sitting cosy to 6 points behind.

Can't quite place my finger on exactly where it's all gone wrong - seems to be the perfect storm of injuries plus a lack of a Plan B with the remaining fit players. 

Hindsight is a wonderful thing of course, but can't help but feel the Management could've handled things better.

I keep replying to posts but nothing is appearing on this duffer.

i just wanted to reply to those who say we lacked fight......not at all.....the players worked really hard.

as for missing ibe or ince fading etc....these aren't our players so anything they offer is a bonus really.

Our downfall is our reluctance to change our formation we set up exactly the same way when we lost to them early in the season the likes of Ward,Hughes and Bryson and Russell are not stepping up we cannot rely on Ince producing every game to dig us out.  I am still glad we are up there in the first place though and who's to say we don't win Friday and the other top teams lose after all the championship is a weird league just a few weeks back we were all saying this is the strongest team we have had for ages and now look keep the faith and if its the play offs so be it.

Poor game,poor tactics,no passion we deserved to lose. Before the armchair fans come and say otherwise i was at the game. We played hoof ball like every other championship team and played straight into middlesboroughs hands. Thomas looked ok when he came on. Would rather he played up than watching russell suffer

8 games to go 24 points to play for, many twist and turns yet, let's just go try get three points Friday put abit of pressure on the others and keep going!! Keep the faith! We love doing it the hard way, CMON YOU RAMMMS

Don't worry lads you still should have enough points to go up once the points for attendances are added on at the end of the season!

Unlucky though, it was an honour for my little tin pot club to be able to share a pitch with such a massive club and the best team in the league by far.

Good luck with Wolves Friday :D

Boro put in a performance we can only dream of doing to a top side. Massive credit to them, their defence was immense and highlighted just how inept ours is. If they don't go up then this league is corrupt. As for us, crap. I think we'll just about hold on to a play off spot though. Albentosa is nothing special and Hanson isn't our saviour. Let's just get a 0-0 at Wolves and see whats happens after the break.

Archived