Derby County v Middlesbrough

-JW-

Hi guys boro fan in peace.

Just wanted to say that there really wasn't that much between us bar one piece of class from Tomlin and Bamford. You're injuries up front are killing you and you had neither the work rate or the craft to break us down as a result.

From the putside it looks like you've been unlucky that your injuries have come at a time when you have fixture congestion which has lead to your dip in form. The IB cant come quick enough for you it seems.

Out of interest you must have someone you can stick up front, if not for goals then to get the best out of your midfield.

I'd picked you as a top two before the season started and feel its a shame that things are dropping off. To be honest yourr next two games could be make or break for you a these rutts are hard to get out of.

Anyway good luck for the rest of the season will watch you onfriday

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TobyWanKenobi

​The only thing i disagree with as a boro fan is you had the work rate to break us down, but i don't think you took risks in that game for instance shooting outside the box or playing in passes that may or may not have come off. My personal feeling was that you tried to pass the ball into the back of the net rather than trying a shot at some points, boro this season with our defense wont let you pass it into the net that i believe was the difference on the night. Ow yeah and that quote from mclaren last night lol "we were magnificent, just undone by a bit quality" i cant tell you how many times mclaren said that at boro that's his no 1 excuse.

​It's really nice to have some level headed outside input rather than the odd few Derby fans trolling the rest of us.

We do have players who can score some long shots, but lately they seem to not be having a go as much as I would like. Bryson, Russell & Ward in particular.

That said, you were just better last night. We have been out of form for a while, and that coincides with our first and second choice forward out, and our first and second choice DM out. I think you played us at the iPro at the perfect time for you, and you did the job perfectly.

Good luck, I hope it's us and you that go up next season, as well as some other jokers of course.

​The one player id like to see from derby next year at boro is bryson, hes a quality player only trouble is finding a place to play him i know u play as sort of acm maybe we could put him their instead of vossen when he goes back to his loan behind bam bam (please let him stay at boro hes wasted at Chelsea). Also he got alot of grief bamford last night off your players n fans last night i cant think for the life of me why, he scored fair few goals for you last season massive part of your promotion push id thought hed get a good reception. Anyway good luck with the rest of your season n well be watching u against watford with interest should be good game.

TobyWanKenobi

​It's the Forest link that winds up Derby fans - before both games against you this season, interviews with Bam Bam have been released with him citing his Forest-connection as to why he's desperate to score against us. Not cool! Especially after last season. 

The one player id like to see from derby next year at boro is bryson, hes a quality player only trouble is finding a place to play him i know u play as sort of acm maybe we could put him their instead of vossen when he goes back to his loan behind bam bam (please let him stay at boro hes wasted at Chelsea). Also he got alot of grief bamford last night off your players n fans last night i cant think for the life of me why, he scored fair few goals for you last season massive part of your promotion push id thought hed get a good reception. Anyway good luck with the rest of your season n well be watching u against watford with interest should be good game.

Boro fan again here. I thought yesterday was a fairly even game, ultimately we just found that little bit of magic to unlock your defence. I feel if you weren't missing so many key players it would have been a lot more difficult, but nevertheless absolutely delighted with the result. I also just wanted to note the atmosphere last night, absolutely fantastic. It felt like a premier league occasion and I would love to see the riverside that vibrant again, you guys were the best home fans I have seen in the 6 years we have been in the championship. Hopefully we will both be up in the PL next year. All the best for the rest of the season.

Boro fan again here. I thought yesterday was a fairly even game, ultimately we just found that little bit of magic to unlock your defence. I feel if you weren't missing so many key players it would have been a lot more difficult, but nevertheless absolutely delighted with the result. I also just wanted to note the atmosphere last night, absolutely fantastic. It felt like a premier league occasion and I would love to see the riverside that vibrant again, you guys were the best home fans I have seen in the 6 years we have been in the championship. Hopefully we will both be up in the PL next year. All the best for the rest of the season.

Many of our fans complain about pricing. We have one of the highest in the league despite being one of the worst off areas. But I'm not sure thats the actual issue because that hasnt stopped a huge amount of Boro fans going to away games this season I.e 7000 to blackburn, 5000 to wigan. An away day is much more expensive after accounting for travel/food and drink. The location of our ground doesnt help. There has been no effort to renovate the area around it in the 20 years we have been there and the ground is still in the middle of nowhere. I was impressed by the hotels/bars/restaurant's outside the IPro and can't for the life of me understand why we havent done similar, the riverside doesnt really offer a 'matchday experience'. I think it also probably lies down to generally at this level our ground is simply too big for us. 19,000 in a lot of clubs of similar size to us would go a lot closer to filling the stadium. We have averaged these kind of attendances in the second tier throughout our whole history and sadly many fans will only return if we are in the top flight.

It was nice to see Lee Tomlin saying Will Hughes is a very very good player on twitter. Now we definitely know he's good! Although including myself in this everyone seems to have a perception that hughes is small but hes at least 6 foot because he was taller than me when I met him.

1. @Leetomlin10 was at the game last night thought Will Hughes looks like that sort of ball player. Short, skilful and knows a pass.

0 retweets0 favorites
     Retweet
     Favorite
    More

@McHugh_14 yeah he's very very good

Retweet
Favorite
More

3:02 PM - 18 Mar 2015

Sounds too safe a bet that does, how's about we up the ante, instead, if we get promoted, everyone on here has to bow down to Alpha Signia and RLACML for the rest of their life's and support the team and coach exactly as they tell us we should be doing or if we don't get promoted we spend another 3 years in the championship heading right back to mid table and Alpha Signia and RLACML get an all night session with Stevie Mac and get up to a lot of naughty stuff until his tufty bit falls off and then ask Steve to give us all the money and support back and we get to start again.

And if you like you can invite the England keepers round for your all might session of full on passion, that bent! over backwards to make the same kind of mistake Lee Grant made last night whilst playing under our faultless coach.

Archived