Derby County v Middlesbrough

-JW-

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

aghhhhh f*ck it, we lost 0-1 against a very good form team when we have pretty much all our best players out and a few kids having to be thrown in. thems the breaks. and speaking of breaks, after the international break we've got a run in, and hopefully we'll have our 1st team back. we could always win the playoffs too, imagine that, nice trip to wembley again. chin up

I was fearing defeat tonight, the last few weeks have been dreadful by the standards Mac and the team have previously set. I am so disappointed, even the playoffs seems like defeat when you are riding 5 points top of the league for the run-in with the trophy seemingly in 1 hand. I really thought we were kicking on from last year but am now very worried we're a 1 or 2 man team with no plan B. Autos have gone, lets face it, we're 5 points behind league challengers expecting to win every week too.  Can't see us winning all or most of our remaining games.

If this run-in was the litmus test of our credentials then we've certainly laid down the marker. Nowhere near. Bottled it.

​Another poster asked you what your solution was. No answer. My point is that your moaning literally contributes nothing. Then you appear to take pleasure in the fact that you were right about us losing. Just support the team

We're missing key players. When they return, we're more than good enough. 

From viewing the stream tonight, it was evident why Steve Bruce isn't so fussed about having Tom Ince around - admittedly can pop up with a belter of a goal but aside from that, can't trap a bag of cement, is so sloppy in posession and has poor decision making. 

Not Laying our demise on him whatsoever but just found him incredibly frustrating to watch.

Exactly this. Our system has 2 fundamental positions that are key to its success. Unfortunately both the 1st choice and back up are out for both of them at the time we could do with them the most.  If they are back in the next game or so, we will still likely make automatic. If we don't we will be lucky to make the play offs and Steve will wish he had thought of a plan B.

Exactly this. Our system has 2 fundamental positions that are key to its success. Unfortunately both the 1st choice and back up are out for both of them at the time we could do with them the most.  If they are back in the next game or so, we will still likely make automatic. If we don't we will be lucky to make the play offs and Steve will wish he had thought of a plan B.

Archived