Boxing Thread

AmericanRam

18 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

Talksport commentary for me. John Rawlings and Glen McGrory. 

Something special about boxing on the radio, I remember Bruno v Wetherspoon, Froch v Kessler mk2, Calzaghe v Kessler, Haye v Marmeck etc. Im too tight to pay box office......

All on YouTube in the morning anyway

6 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

He seemed out of it after the first overhand right, as he just stood motionless before taking a clean left hook.

I’ve never seen that before in boxing.

Yes second punch not needed well gone after the right

5 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Well that wasn't nice viewing. 

Gutted for Price. He had his chance though! Up against an elite fighter he comes out for the next round dazed... is it not worth the risk to fire away?

I mean Price only has 6 rounds before he tires anyway! 

Gutted

You can understand the fear of getting countered with a big left hook, but it iind of seemed inevitable that was doing to happen anyway as Povetkin worked the body before throwing overhand rights.

Price is said to have immense power, but he never really threw straight rights.

He should have gone for it. I know that’s easy to say, but he has stamina issues, and he was never going to be able to outpoint Pov or even harm him in the later rounds.

He really missed his chance by not going for it at the beginning of round five.

That was far too wide for my liking. Parker deserves great credit, he was the slicker boxer in there tonight.

I had AJ winning 8-4, 7-5 at a push.

The judges who had him winning 10 and 11 rounds must have been watching a different fight.

I don’t think Wilder will be too afraid of what he saw in there.

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

Terrible decision. I had Parker winning by at least 3 cards but the scorecards are embarrassing. You have to feel for Parker. The boxing powers that be are desperate for the Joshua-wilder fight

The radio had Joshua by 4, American judges on showtime by 3. Ive yet to hear anyone query the decision. Parker just interviewed and didnt query the decision. Most people are slagging the ref for intervening. 

1 minute ago, CWC1983 said:

The radio had Joshua by 4, American judges on showtime by 3. Ive yet to hear anyone query the decision. Parker just interviewed and didnt query the decision. Most people are slagging the ref for intervening. 

American commentators including pauli had Parker winning the middle rounds. Parker was screwed by the referee tonight, there’s no 2 ways about it. They are desperate for the wilder-Joshua fight.