Boxing Thread

AmericanRam

Wow.

All the poise and balance had gone from Haye...sad decline of a once smooth fighter.

Well done Tony Bellew, and a bit of kudos for BaaLocks too.

David Haye’s legs just went didn’t they? Age and his body meant it was never a fight he could win.

In the build-up he gave the impression he was in tip-top shape, but he clearly wasn’t.

I’m not saying he has conned the fans, but loads of people have paid up to watch a fight he simply couldn’t win unless he KO’d Bellow in the first two rounds.

Maybe he didn’t know himself the extent of it all? It was a shame for a once amazing boxer.

I thought Bellew might win if he took Haye into the 2nd half.

I thought Haye might win if he took his time and didn't get involved. 

Didn't imagine Haye would be so poor. That's the worst performance of his career surely. 

Awful balance, awful footwork, the jab was quick but the right hand was telegraphed. 

Even the first round, I gave it to Haye, but it was way closer than I imagined. Haye always starts fast and as soon as Bellew doubled the jab Haye would back off. In round 1 I'd expect him to be doing his usual excellent slipping into position. 

Odd performance. 

Never liked him but still sad to see a great fighter go out with a whimper.

Lenroy Thomas v Joe Joyce... very dangerous fight. Thomas at 6ft 2 giving away 4 inch in height constantly dipping to about 5ft 10 leaving his head exposed to get beat up. Corner should have thrown the towell in. Was nothing to gain from it. No one could have predicted it was such a dangerous mismatch but it was obvious inside the opening minute. 

15 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I thought Bellew might win if he took Haye into the 2nd half.

I thought Haye might win if he took his time and didn't get involved. 

Didn't imagine Haye would be so poor. That's the worst performance of his career surely. 

Awful balance, awful footwork, the jab was quick but the right hand was telegraphed. 

Even the first round, I gave it to Haye, but it was way closer than I imagined. Haye always starts fast and as soon as Bellew doubled the jab Haye would back off. In round 1 I'd expect him to be doing his usual excellent slipping into position. 

Odd performance. 

Never liked him but still sad to see a great fighter go out with a whimper.

Lenroy Thomas v Joe Joyce... very dangerous fight. Thomas at 6ft 2 giving away 4 inch in height constantly dipping to about 5ft 10 leaving his head exposed to get beat up. Corner should have thrown the towell in. Was nothing to gain from it. No one could have predicted it was such a dangerous mismatch but it was obvious inside the opening minute. 

I'll give him his due, he went out with honour getting up from 3 knock-downs.

Even first round though, he was overbalancing and forcing it. I wonder if he knew he only had one hope, that being to catch Bellew cold and spark him early? Looking at it again, maybe a suspiciously leaden footed performance? Injured, or not properly healed going into the fight?

Bellew is going to be even more unbeareable now ... dont like Haye but i cant Stand Bellew.

I genuinely Think he doesnt win another fight at heavyweight, not against someone proper, haye was totally shot & time to call it a day his body has just fallen apart last few years & last night he made Bellew look good 

I like Bellew but I don't understand him calling out Andre Ward. 

At what weight? Light heavy where Bellew got beat up by Stevenson and Ward beat Kovalev twice??

Ward at cruiserweight? Bit big isn't it? 

There's heavyweights he could fight but they won't earn him anything. Someone like Christian Hammer. Who wants to see that fight for £20ppv

At cruiserweight theres Usyk assuming he wins the series but that's not a superfight because Usyk  has mostly fought in Eastern Europe. Be a great fight but can't see it catching the general public interest. 

Edited by Alpha

Just watched GGG.

Concrete head. Concrete fists. 

Only age is beating him. Some young fighter to hit and run and win on points. While he keeps making middleweight he's impossible to hurt. 

37 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Just watched GGG.

Concrete head. Concrete fists. 

Only age is beating him. Some young fighter to hit and run and win on points. While he keeps making middleweight he's impossible to hurt. 

And unbelievable accuracy. Watched the finish back in slow motion and every one of his last ten shots was on target - that is impressive. Really decent bloke outside the ring as well, true great.

16 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

And unbelievable accuracy. Watched the finish back in slow motion and every one of his last ten shots was on target - that is impressive. Really decent bloke outside the ring as well, true great.

Did you see the interview after? That Max Kellerman is a bit of a knobber.

4 hours ago, Alpha said:

@Norman

Linares v Lomachenko tonight.

Lomachenko is a heavy favourite. Which is suprising.

Linares, being the taller might look even more skilful. I expect him on the backfoot and to try and outscore with the better looking shots. Can't wait.