Boxing Thread

AmericanRam

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

Fury’s reach is 3 inches more than Joshua’s. Correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t Joshua has fought against someone with a longer reach than himself?

I don't know what Wlad's arm length is but he's got a longer reach than AJ due to his stance. Wide stance and his front hand he uses to hide his shots

2 hours ago, Alpha said:

I don't know what Wlad's arm length is but he's got a longer reach than AJ due to his stance. Wide stance and his front hand he uses to hide his shots

Wlad’s reach is an inch less than Joshua’s.

Fury’s reach gave him an advantage against Wladimir when they fought in Germany and he landed shots that a normal heavyweight wouldn’t be able land, purely because of the length of his arm, which helped him to accumulate points. His arms are like tree trunks.

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

Wlad’s reach is an inch less than Joshua’s.

Fury’s reach gave him an advantage against Wladimir when they fought in Germany and he landed shots that a normal heavyweight wouldn’t be able land, purely because of the length of his arm, which helped him to accumulate points. His arms are like tree trunks.

Wlad's arm length might be less than AJ but he has a wide stance and a loose dipped shoulder. Wlad uses his jab and front hand to manipulate. He puts his lead foot under your feet. To hit him you have to pass both his jab and foot meaning you're over reaching. Off balance he then nails you with the right hand.

His reach, his invasion of your space is massive. This is why he is the only fighter to be in charge of the center of the ring v AJ. He was the predator in that fight.

Fury has his fights half won in the build up. Look at the long game he's playing with AJ. Fury rates Joshua. He mocks Joshua's boxing skills but AJ is actually quite a complete fighter. He's been a brilliant amateur and Olympian. But Fury wants to fight an angry Joshua. A Joshua looking to knock Fury out. And it's working because Joshua bites now whenever Fury is mentioned. 

Like Wlad. Wlad takes boxing very serious. So Fury made it a joke. Dressing up as Batman and other daft behaviour. It's not because Fury is a clown. He knew exactly what he was doing.

He did it with Haye. 

He takes people out their comfort zone. Then when he gets in the ring at 6ft 9in he's fast, switches stance, rolls along the ropes out of reach, has a stiff jab. As you say he's a huge bloke and the jab from range is heavy. 

He fights like the underdog. Always got an exit strategy. 

Thing about Fury is when he is actually serious in interviews (very rare and never for the full interview) he's a keen student. Top bloke. 

You can't really study Fury's style. He mixes everything up and plays off the opponent. You can't stop the jab. 

The heavyweight division is in great shape imo. 

12 hours ago, curtains said:

Canelo fight on May 5th off 

Tarnishing his legacy. Dodgy points draw, drugs failure and now he'll have a couple of comeback fights before going in with a older GGG

38 minutes ago, Alpha said:

DeGale won his IBF title back. 

Every DeGale fight is a long war now. Think he should probably bow out. Go for a big money maker maybe and then retire. 

Yeah, he's going to have some head trauma problems at this rate.

I believe he is already slurring etc.

I'd wait for Groves.

There's only ooooonnne Tyson Fury!! 

I actually like Fury and Joshua. Don't think I support a fighter like a football team. 

I've even changed my mind during a fight before. I wanted Lemiuex to beat BJS but BJS put on such a display that who wouldn't want to see him move onto bigger things. 

People say some weird things about boxing.

There's loads of criticism for Eddie Hearn shows. I'm guessing it comes from people who don't see other shows. 

It's like in football where everyone wants to spot the foreign wonderkid who's 16 and better than boring old Messi/Ronaldo. Or the "gengenpressing"

In boxing there's little trendy bandwagon things to say isn't there? Anthony Joshua is a target for quite a lot of it. He either has no boxing ability or he's unbeatable. 

Thrilled that Fury is back. He's a troubled guy but for him to be 29 and missing out on this heavyweight drama would be a massive loss. Not just for him but also the shadow it casts over anyone who dreams of dominating the division. He'd haunt them. The man who freed us of the boring Klitschko brothers domination. 

Edited by Alpha

Fook me the media want everyone to be interested in Khan. 

Not going to watch his fight but I do hope he loses. 

It's shat all over the news. A win here puts him in line to face Terence Crawford, Kell Brook, Erroll Spence or Keith Thurman.

Yeah... he'll pick whoever bangs him out quickest and pays him the most. 

He's in the sport for himself. Which is cool. But you can't expect to excite the public when all you want to do is carefully navigate your way to their bank accounts. David Haye already did that

54 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Fook me the media want everyone to be interested in Khan. 

Not going to watch his fight but I do hope he loses. 

It's shat all over the news. A win here puts him in line to face Terence Crawford, Kell Brook, Erroll Spence or Keith Thurman.

Yeah... he'll pick whoever bangs him out quickest and pays him the most. 

He's in the sport for himself. Which is cool. But you can't expect to excite the public when all you want to do is carefully navigate your way to their bank accounts. David Haye already did that

Does Khan have a fan base anymore? I don't like him or his Michael Jackson look-a-like wife. The lack of self-respect and the morales they both conform to make me sick.

It would be typical of boxing for Brook vs Khan to happen 3 or 4 years too late.

Will you be paying for Haye vs Bellew? 

Excited to see Fury back. Been watching the weight come off for 6 months on his social media. I know his first few fights will probably be a let-down.

Yeah I've not seen much hype for Haye Bellew. But it's one of my favourite characters vs one of the worst. Rooting for Bellew but none of them will do much after this I don't think. Both kind of fell out of their division. What do you predict Norman? Are you backing Haye again? 

I don't really want to see Brook v Khan that much anymore. Don't want Khan to get the payday. 

I think Badou Jack v Adonis Stevenson is soon? You know Jack won't lay down for anyone. 

Don't understand all the vitriol toward Khan. He is largely in exciting fights, driven by the potential of a single knockout punch at any given point. He has probably fought more top level fighters than any other current British fighter and has done most of it in the US where it so difficult. He may have lost a few, but dusts himself down and goes again. 

Brook is probably the one person he should have fought but hasn't - probably by pushing too hard for a Pacquio or Mayweather bout.

OK, hes a bit dim, but so would you be if you got knocked out 3 times in such spectacular fashion.

3 hours ago, The Key Club King said:

Don't understand all the vitriol toward Khan. He is largely in exciting fights, driven by the potential of a single knockout punch at any given point. He has probably fought more top level fighters than any other current British fighter and has done most of it in the US where it so difficult. He may have lost a few, but dusts himself down and goes again. 

Brook is probably the one person he should have fought but hasn't - probably by pushing too hard for a Pacquio or Mayweather bout.

OK, hes a bit dim, but so would you be if you got knocked out 3 times in such spectacular fashion.

For me it's just how much rubbish he talks. He contradicts himself so much, goes back on his word and yeah, he's dim. I know being dim shouldn't be a reason to dislike someone but in boxing when people like Hughie Fury and Amir Khan are selling themselves and slagging off others it's just easy to take offence at how daft they can be.

I just don't like prizefighters tbh. I completely understand why Khan wanted to fight Canelo and I understand why Mayweather fought McGregor. Can't blame them. But for fans of the fighting it just feels like they're milking us. 

That's why GGG is one of everyone's favourite fighters isnt it? He fights anyone, anywhere. Goes for the belts, is famously easy to work with. Just like the all action midfielder in football. 

That Welterweight division is stacked with talent and Khan will avoid all of them to get knocked out by Paquiao. And everyone will buy it.

I'm surprised he hasn't called out McGregor for another farce. 

That Mayweather/McGregor fight was ridiculous. The real fight was GGG v Canelo and those two clowns played out a pantomime for a fortune

5 hours ago, Alpha said:

Yeah I've not seen much hype for Haye Bellew. But it's one of my favourite characters vs one of the worst. Rooting for Bellew but none of them will do much after this I don't think. Both kind of fell out of their division. What do you predict Norman? Are you backing Haye again? 

I don't really want to see Brook v Khan that much anymore. Don't want Khan to get the payday. 

I think Badou Jack v Adonis Stevenson is soon? You know Jack won't lay down for anyone. 

Yeah, Haye with an early knock out. I am surprised Bellew has taken the fight. We all know he didnt have the power to knock out an off-ballance, one-legged Haye in the first fight. He even lost one round on the scorecard after the injury got really bad. Plus we all know how hard the old Haye could hit. Has his ego got in the way? Or will he look to survive?

Maybe he needs the money for his kids :lol:. Neither are likeable, but Bellew is the one I want to see KO'd.

Is it at heavyweight? Haye looks a lot lighter now. Not really taken any of the build-up in or their weights.

I like watching Badou Jack fights. Him and Linares are my favourite non UK boxers. 

People who don't like boxing should watch Linares fight. 

14 hours ago, Alpha said:

That Welterweight division is stacked with talent and Khan will avoid all of them to get knocked out by Paquiao. And everyone will buy it.

I'm surprised he hasn't called out McGregor for another farce. 

That Mayweather/McGregor fight was ridiculous. The real fight was GGG v Canelo and those two clowns played out a pantomime for a fortune

Can't argue with the Mayweather/McGregor farce.

With regards Khan, I think he has a better resume to date than Kell Brook, who has only fought three fighters of note and lost to two of them. Brook is certainly a more likeable person and also a very good boxer.

I agree that Khan, who must be aware that he can be knocked out by anyone, looks to take on the highest calibre opponent he can as it looks better if he loses. He was though doing a good job against Canelo and Garcia before the KOs. His only loss on points was to a pumped up Lamont Peterson. If he could take a punch I think he would be an absolute superstar.

That's 1 painter and decorator down. Now to a huge money fight v Paquiao. Maybe McGregor or John Cena? Who knows. It won't be Erroll Spence or Thurman though. 

Awesome between Sean Dodd and Coyle. Really left it all in the ring and came out emotional wrecks in love with each other. Shame one had to lose. Better fight than the main event which was just as **** as expected