Boxing Thread

AmericanRam

57 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Isn't Crawford another American that fights once a decade?

Got plenty to watch tonight. Yarde, Dubois, DeGale and Lomachenko. Shame about DeGale. Reckon @Norman called it? A few too many brawls?

He looked really sluggish. Started to plant his feet late on, but i think that's maybe because his shoulder wasn't carrying the power it needed to, or the angles were uncomfortable for him to throw. And his mouth got ******* again. 

Can't see him lasting much longer. Too many heavy rounds, too many 12 round wars. It's a shame, because the world series is going to get huge for that divison in this country next year, and he could have fought the winner in a mega fight.

Hope youre tuning in next week live. 

2am to watch Billy Joe Saunders. :lol:

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

Isn't Crawford another American that fights once a decade?

Got plenty to watch tonight. Yarde, Dubois, DeGale and Lomachenko. Shame about DeGale. Reckon @Norman called it? A few too many brawls?

Crawford had three fights in 2016, and two in 2017 with the latter unifying all the belts against Indongo. In fairness to him, there aren't many names at 140 and he was clearly a level above the rest.

I'm looking forward to seeing him at 147.

2 hours ago, Norman said:

He looked really sluggish. Started to plant his feet late on, but i think that's maybe because his shoulder wasn't carrying the power it needed to, or the angles were uncomfortable for him to throw. And his mouth got ******* again. 

Can't see him lasting much longer. Too many heavy rounds, too many 12 round wars. It's a shame, because the world series is going to get huge for that divison in this country next year, and he could have fought the winner in a mega fight.

Hope youre tuning in next week live. 

2am to watch Billy Joe Saunders. :lol:

I come back from Slovenia that day and it's top of my list of reasons to be happy to come back. It's the only thing tbf. Watching BJS get that belt taken off him before he hides it again.

Having said that it'd be fun build up for him v Canelo or GGG. 

I bet Frank Warren was angry about DeGale. 

2 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Crawford had three fights in 2016, and two in 2017 with the latter unifying all the belts against Indongo. In fairness to him, there aren't many names at 140 and he was clearly a level above the rest.

I'm looking forward to seeing him at 147.

Fair enough then. I read somewhere about him earning mega money but I bet not a single none boxing fan in the UK knows the name, you know? He barely gets a mention on any interview with any fighter. 

14 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I come back from Slovenia that day and it's top of my list of reasons to be happy to come back. It's the only thing tbf. Watching BJS get that belt taken off him before he hides it again.

Having said that it'd be fun build up for him v Canelo or GGG. 

I bet Frank Warren was angry about DeGale. 

Fair enough then. I read somewhere about him earning mega money but I bet not a single none boxing fan in the UK knows the name, you know? He barely gets a mention on any interview with any fighter. 

Yeah, definitely not a household name and even an unknown quantity in the boxing world outside the US.

I think it was Ricky Burns who was eyeing a final Las Vegas payday with him to unify but he got totally outclassed by Indongo that was scrapped.

There is simply nobody in his league at 140. Mikey Garcia is brilliant but he’d be coming up in weight to fight him.

BJS next weekend. The biggest test of his career so far. I’m intrigued to see if he really is a threat to the best at 160.

Right now he’s way behind Canelo, GGG and Jacobs in terms of reputation 

18 minutes ago, Norman said:

@Alpha

What was i saying about Tyson Fury and that back dated 2 year ban :lol:.

Glad he's back. You might get to see more of BJS in between his fights now.

Great news!!

Weird conclusion but whatever!

Wonder what route he'll go down? Straight for after Joshua after a warm up? Make some cash with Bellew after a warm up? Whyte? WBC?

See Wilder challenging Ortiz? What the hell? A fight of no value at all to him. 

For those interested, talksport have a 2 hour boxing show every Saturday night, 10pm - midnight. 

Gareth A Davies co hosts it, and it's been a good listen. They cover boxing across the globe, not just the uk. 

Tyson Fury phoned up for a chat a few weeks ago. He's apparently on the show this Saturday as well. 

17 hours ago, Alpha said:

Great news!!

Weird conclusion but whatever!

Wonder what route he'll go down? Straight for after Joshua after a warm up? Make some cash with Bellew after a warm up? Whyte? WBC?

See Wilder challenging Ortiz? What the hell? A fight of no value at all to him. 

Joshua in three fights time i think.

Fury v Whyte would be some build up :lol:

I reckon Ortiz is a decoy. Making Joshua make a decision quicker or pay more.

BJS has totally outclassed Lemouix here. This is without doubt the best performance of his career though Lemouix has been really poor.

BJS is just moving freely around the ring and Lemouix can’t get close. Looks so slow, offbalance and looked like a defeated man after just the 3rd round.

BJS vs Canelo would be a battle of the counterattacks. GGG would stalk BJS and just wear him down.

BJS would be better off going after Canelo. Has more chance of winning and there is no doubt more money in that.

Just now, tomsdubs said:

Absolutely class from BJS, that was a lesson to any fighter in how to negate a puncher's power. That was a pure boxing performance.

I don't like him, or his entourage, but credit where it's due.

You think he can do the same to Golovkin? I think GGG would just walk through punches to close the ring off. Not sure it's a great fight for BJS styles wise, but he will make a lot of money!

Just watching it now. I find BJS impossible to like but that performance was thoroughly entertaining.

I think he's had it a bit easy for a world champion imo up until his Willie Monroe fight. I thought Willie Monroe might take that belt and we'd see BJS either retire or knock around outside the elite.

2 impressive wins and that performance last night makes you think the elites will have to bring their best game. I'd still back Canelo or GGG or Jacobs but I'm not so confident Eubank Jnr would smash him as I was. 

That fight has surely got to happen again? A couple of years maybe but if BJS performs like that then surely he'll make a name of himself even in defeat? The Canadian pundits loved him. 

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

Just watching it now. I find BJS impossible to like but that performance was thoroughly entertaining.

I think he's had it a bit easy for a world champion imo up until his Willie Monroe fight. I thought Willie Monroe might take that belt and we'd see BJS either retire or knock around outside the elite.

2 impressive wins and that performance last night makes you think the elites will have to bring their best game. I'd still back Canelo or GGG or Jacobs but I'm not so confident Eubank Jnr would smash him as I was. 

That fight has surely got to happen again? A couple of years maybe but if BJS performs like that then surely he'll make a name of himself even in defeat? The Canadian pundits loved him. 

Now @David has pointed out the BJS thing, it's hard not to laugh at how much it happens :lol:.

George Groves v Eubank Jr

Callum Smith vs Eubank Jr

BJS v Golovkin

BJS v Eubank Jr.

What a sequence of fights that would be!

52 minutes ago, Norman said:

Now @David has pointed out the BJS thing, it's hard not to laugh at how much it happens :lol:.

George Groves v Eubank Jr

Callum Smith vs Eubank Jr

BJS v Golovkin

BJS v Eubank Jr.

What a sequence of fights that would be!

Yeah, you know boxing though. Take about 5 years to get them fights.

I bet GGG has a bus pass before Jnr fights either of the last 2

6 hours ago, Norman said:

I don't like him, or his entourage, but credit where it's due.

You think he can do the same to Golovkin? I think GGG would just walk through punches to close the ring off. Not sure it's a great fight for BJS styles wise, but he will make a lot of money!

GGG looked aged vs Canelo and he'll be nearly a year older should they fight. 36 yr old GGG vs 28/29 yr old fleet footed BJS would be very interesting. I think BJS finds Canelo an easier fight just because Canelo is fairly static and isn't as good at cutting the ring as GGG. Still waiting for them to confirm the GGG vs Canelo rematch but I think Saunders might get the winner.

They were saying GGG doesn't want to be inactive for long so may go for Saunders as the fight would happen sooner. Either way some more great fights down the line.