Stick your neck out, pick two.

Kernow

After tonight's game, be brave & hopefully not too biased. You have to pick the two side's you think will go up automatically.

Some may think other sides may still have a chance, but I think it's two of the current top three.

I'm going to go for Derby and Bournemouth, Boro just missing out as they have the hardest run in & playing us, Bmouth & Ipswich in a week will be tough. Make or break for them.

Thoughts?

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No seriously...

Bournemouth

Derby

Boro

Watford

Norwich

Brentford

adios Ipswich

Wolves are somehow in the mix still, I think more on grinding out results rather than genuine ability. Their GD and some of their wins this season point to one who is massively overachieving.

After tonight's game, be brave & hopefully not too biased. You have to pick the two side's you think will go up automatically.

Some may think other sides may still have a chance, but I think it's two of the current top three.

I'm going to go for Derby and Bournemouth, Boro just missing out as they have the hardest run in & playing us, Bmouth & Ipswich in a week will be tough. Make or break for them.

Thoughts?

Norwich and Boro for the automatics.

Bournemouth to pip Derby in the play off final on penalties.

McClaren leaves the club to go onto better things (the Newcastle job) and we're left to find a new manager and risk losing players who are wanted by Premier League clubs.

You can tell I'm a Derby fan...absolutely pessimistic from years of nothingness.

Norwich and Boro for the automatics.

Bournemouth to pip Derby in the play off final on penalties.

McClaren leaves the club to go onto better things (the Newcastle job) and we're left to find a new manager and risk losing players who are wanted by Premier League clubs.

You can tell I'm a Derby fan...absolutely pessimistic from years of nothingness.

I've noticed you are pessimistic, but opting for Norwich is barmy.

They have a number of individual player who are pretty good granted, but they're so unbalanced as a squad and have looked out of sorts for much of this season.

I don't think their new manager will make much difference either.

I can see them making the playoffs, but there is no way they will jump above five teams to make the automatics. They are only on 50 points, it will take around 90 to get autos.

No way will they get 40 points from their last 16 games. A record of Win 13 Draw 1 Lose 2.

Their next four games are against Wolves (H) Watford (A) Blackburn (A) Ipswich (H). I'd be amazed if they pick up more than seven points.

In fact, they will probbaly need to win all 12 matches after these four just to make 90 points.

Problem is, half the league is that bad it's tough to analyse games and see where our rivals are going to slip up.

We're all going to do it at some point, but I think it's quite frightening how big the gap is between the top seven and the rest (Wolves are in no mans land IMO).

I just ran through Watford's fixtures and I struggled to see where their losses are going to come from. 

I can't remember such a Championship season like this, it's awesome and IMO so much more exciting than last season.

If Bmouth carry on playing like they did first half, they will finish top. If they start to play like they did second half (nerves creeping in) they will drop out of top 2. Boro have shown time and again this season they have the team to beat anyone.

I love Derby, like the rest, and am surprisingly calm about rest of season. That mixture of enjoying our season at the min and pessimism built up over years means I just don't know what we'll do. So let's take it 1 game at a time, starting with Reading on Sat...that has nothing to do with the league.

Ask me with 10 games to go...and I will tell you to ask me with 5 games to go!

(PS I don't think Bmouth will sustain these "guaranteed" injuries and fall away like most think. 1. Look at Burnley last year. 2. Watching first half yesterday was enough to see they are a good team, deserve to be up there on merit.

Archived