Stick your neck out, pick two.

Kernow

Surprised nobody has plumped for Watford.

They have inviting fixtures left, including home games against Ipswich and Boro who they could beat to overtake. I think they're slightly underrated, and it's clear by some of their wins this season they've got some quality players.

People going for Norwich are barmy.

As if they're going to make up nine points on two of Derby, Boro and Bournemouth with just 16 games remaining.

After the first 16 games this season, Norwich were 7th. Are you now suggesting fr the last 16 games of the season they're going to be top, nine points better off than the top three over the last 16 games?

Not sure where this perception has come from that they're some sort of amazing team. They've spent most of the season outside the top six for a reason. I mean, fair enough if they had a start like Reading in 2011/12 and then surged up the table, but if anything Norwich started amazing and got worse as the season has gone on.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They have inviting fixtures left, including home games against Ipswich and Boro who they could beat to overtake. I think they're slightly underrated, and it's clear by some of their wins this season they've got some quality players.

As if they're going to make up nine points on two of Derby, Boro and Bournemouth with just 16 games remaining.

After the first 16 games this season, Norwich were 7th. Are you now suggesting fr the last 16 games of the season they're going to be top, nine points better off than the top three over the last 16 games?

Not sure where this perception has come from that they're some sort of amazing team. They've spent most of the season outside the top six for a reason. I mean, fair enough if they had a start like Reading in 2011/12 and then surged up the table, but if anything Norwich started amazing and got worse as the season has gone on.

It's come from their good performance against us at the iPro. It's now lodged in people's minds. Same as Keogh being rubbish is lodged in people's minds. Both are caricatures of the reality.

To get automatic promotion this season, you're probably going to need more than 90 points. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if there were three, maybe even four, teams on 90 points come the end of the season. I think 80 will be needed for the play-offs. 

The top of the table is very competitive and it will be interesting, tense, to see who misses out. 

Middlesbrough have an interesting set-up. I think they're built similar to Leicester was last season. They're pragmatic, play for the percentages, and win their battles all over the pitch. We didn't do ourselves any favours against them, but they really pressed us at their place. 

Bournemouth are a good footballing side but don't have huge strength in depth. Wilson and Ritchie are quality players and they have hard workers in their team. However, I think Howe (****) is the brains behind their promotion push. 

Norwich and Watford are quite similar, for me. I think both have great quality but have come unstuck one too many times this season. Norwich are the best side we've faced this season, comfortably, they more than matched us and in the second half we look as rattled as we have been since Leicester away. However, two games later, they go lose to Reading and Preston. It's hard to say how they will do. 

We are the most complete side in the division, for me. Mascarell has finally found his feet and his role in the side. He and Hughes have been in incredible form for well over a month now. We have a fast, pacy, goalscorer in Bent, which has opened up a Plan B for us - at times we were lacking this. And we've added more bodies to our side that seem to have integrated well. It would take seriously bad luck to derail us from putting out a good squad.

two good goalkeepers - Grant and Roos.

three first-team right backs - Christie, Shotton and Sswankambo.

two first-team left backs - Forsyth and Warnock.

five first-team centre backs - Albentosa, Keogh, Shotton, Buxton, Whitbread

three first-team defensive mids - Thorne, Mascarell and Eustace

four, maybe five, possible centre mids - Hughes, Bryson, Hendrick, Lingard and Dawkins

five wingers - Lingard, Ince, Dawkins, Ward and Russell

two strikers - Bent and Martin

If we stay professional, like we have done recently, we won't concede many and we have so many options in attack that can win us the game. Anything can happen, though. 

Us and boro. Think whoever wins game between us will win the championship. I think the top 3 teams are us Boro and bournemouth and I hope these are the 3 promoted teams. But as we know the playofs are a lottery and I just hope we don't have to rely on them.

Boro worry me, they're very tight at the back and tough to beat. People talking about their tough fixtures as a reason for them coming unstuck. It strikes me that these are the types of games that their side will relish and come out on top more often than not.

I expect them to win the league unless we beat them at the iPro, then I think we'll leapfrog them.

I think we'll finish second and see of a late run from Watford or Norwich. Bournemouth 4th. Norwich to win the playoffs.

1. Boro

2. Derby

3. Norwich (p)

4. Bournemouth

5. Watford

6. Ipswich

It's so incredibly tight though, a defeat and a draw here and there will send any side down a few places. It's exciting but tense!!

Norwich have improved steadily throughout the season and are just beginning to come into form at the right time.

They are now 6 points off an automatic place. 

Boro, Derby and B'mouth are starting to falter and I believe, as I have believed since the first ball was kicked, that they will finish in the top two. 

They have the best squad, they have the best set-up financially and are in a very, very good position to challenge for an automatic place.

Boro fan here, love to here how some fans on this site already think they in the premier league already, with the best players, best overall squad, most attracted football,best supporters , biggest ground, most deluded fans I ever heard, your beginning to sound like the Geordies, at the moment I think the top 3 should be wary of the teams behind, always the case a team steams into the premier league, boro faltering? Won the last 5 league games without playing well,

Boro fan here, love to here how some fans on this site already think they in the premier league already, with the best players, best overall squad, most attracted football,best supporters , biggest ground, most deluded fans I ever heard, your beginning to sound like the Geordies, at the moment I think the top 3 should be wary of the teams behind, always the case a team steams into the premier league, boro faltering? Won the last 5 league games without playing well,

Best players/Best overall squad? Check

Most attractive football? Check

Best supporters? Definitely not

Biggest ground? No, but the highest attendances

Check what,? The evidence will be when the season is finished, stop believing your own hype, I think all 3 will miss that includes boro, points matter now , not playing well, boro play **** and win like blackpool last week

Check what,? The evidence will be when the season is finished, stop believing your own hype, I think all 3 will miss that includes boro, points matter now , not playing well, boro play **** and win like blackpool last week

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Checklist

I'll believe what I want to thanks. I think we're a better team than you and I think we'll win the league. Sounds like you disagree. As you say, the evidence will be at the end of the season. Relax and enjoy the ride

Ok mate you believe your hype, some rams are level headed and some like you will fall from a great height, keep up the good entertainment

I'm not saying we're miles better than you, just that we're better. The fact that you think that's so ridiculous draws questions about your own self inflated opinion of your team. What exactly would a 'level headed' Derby fan say? 

That isn't exactly true, only played you once this season, don't know if that was the true derby that turned but we did actually beat you, your quite good value , like I said playing good doesn't get you points at this stage of the season,

Ok mate you believe your hype, some rams are level headed and some like you will fall from a great height, keep up the good entertainment

Seems managers agree with our HYPE too

"There's tinges of great disappointment being 3-1 up. We got a point but we have come across the best team and manager in the division."

Steve evans, Rotherham manager ;)

Archived