The value of Hughes

jimbobram

He's upped his game massively this season, no longer gets bullied off the ball, flies into challenges,  his touch and range of passing are unbelievable to watch at times, like another poster said, our best midfielder by a country mile this season and probably our best player over the course of the season so far, fantastic talent 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you remember the rumour that when we took Wisdom from Liverpool, that deal included first refusal on Hughes? 

How much Liverpool (or some other) would pay would depend on where we are. If next season, God forbid, we are still in the Championship, then something like a fee of

Without a doubt Hughes is an incredible talent but from what ive heard from other people confirms this,

My Dad, who supports Birmingham, said when he last saw hughes play that he is as good, if not better than Ross Barkley/Oscar. And that if he continues he will be a future England player

And a Chesterfield fan (Says Man U are first team) said we will not keep hold of him and once I told him he was 19, 100+ caps, 2nd youngest England under 21 player he was certain that a big European club would swoop in for him.

IMO I believe

The past three years he's been slowly climbing the Top 100 Football League Players list in Four Four Two mag, I reckon this year he'll top it as I can't think of another player to be so good and so consistant so far this season...

Tommy Smith, maybe.

Ritchie at Bournemouth, possibly

And I'm sure Boro fans would have a fit if you didn't mention Leadbetter.

Deli Adi

Other than those I'm struggling...

Thing is though, how many times has Hughes won championship player of the month?

As cursed as it can be, it is voted by critics and alike

Lots of assumptions being made here but remember he hasn't played in the Premiership yet.

Lallana and Shaw both proved themselves in the Premiership.

Until he does that, his fee doesn't go up to the money those two players commanded.

Zaha 15 mil. Unproven in the prem. Hughes is a much more intelligent and technical player than Zaha who has pace and flair

Without a doubt Hughes is an incredible talent but from what ive heard from other people confirms this,

My Dad, who supports Birmingham, said when he last saw hughes play that he is as good, if not better than Ross Barkley/Oscar. And that if he continues he will be a future England player

And a Chesterfield fan (Says Man U are first team) said we will not keep hold of him and once I told him he was 19, 100+ caps, 2nd youngest England under 21 player he was certain that a big European club would swoop in for him.

IMO I believe

Be a proud moment to see Hughes pull on a full England shirt. The thought of losing Hughes and using the money to buy 4 or 5 players doesn't fill me with excitement. Enjoy him while we can. If we can help build the lads career to the heights it deserves to be then that would be good enough for me.

Be a proud moment to see Hughes pull on a full England shirt. The thought of losing Hughes and using the money to buy 4 or 5 players doesn't fill me with excitement. Enjoy him while we can. If we can help build the lads career to the heights it deserves to be then that would be good enough for me.

If he is still with us by the end of 2016 it will mean that we will be a top Premier League club, challenging for Europe. If he's gone, we either didn't go up or languished at the foot of the league. If Derby go from strength to strength, Hughes will not only be with us, he will probably be our Captain. 

Archived