The value of Hughes

jimbobram

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hughes hasn't won a POTM in the league yet despite being our best player consistently over the past four months, so I do think he could be overlooked for the PFA award, then again, it's the players and management that make the decision so who knows.

I'm not at all fussed about him going under the radar. When you look at the impact Ibe has made in the Premier League, it does make you wonder just how good Hughes could be at that level.

​I've seen that even the Derby site list Hughes as being on 8 yellows but it's actually 7...
One of his cards is apparently in the latter stages of the Chesterfield game, Hughes wasn't booked in that game, Hendrick was and the Ramsplayer footages shows Hendrick making the foul and receiving the card not Hughes. ( at 1:57:23 if anyone really wants to see it)
Hendrick.thumb.68f420fdf993621e36c8a
Hughes.thumb.b27dc320756ecaaf80d608d

Every site I've seen has that yellow card at 90+4 mins against Hughes and not Hendrick.

Hendrick is down on the Official site as being Booked on 53 mins but Ramsplayer (at 1:16:00) and the RD comms prove it was just a talking to with no yellow card...

It's an absolute mess! Keeping up with who is shown a yellow card has never been so badly messed up by so many people! We have a phantom yellow on 53 mins and the wrong player booked on 90+4! Am I the only person that noticed?

Is there an official report page to check on? Does the fact it's been given to Hughes now mean it stands no matter what?

@duncanjwitham Ah thank you, the FA site is thankfully correct. I've had a look at 58 minutes and he does get booked for a very bad tackle! (Really didn't want to watch 90 minutes just looking for a yellow card)

It's amazing 'reputable' sites like the BBC got that game wrong. Sites like WhoScored? might give out lots of numbers but this shows that it doesn't mean it's accurate.

Archived