The value of Hughes

jimbobram

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

10 million max. People suggesting more are hyping him up a bit too much. Let's put it into perspective that reus has a buy out clause of 20mill.

Different country, we all know our players are over priced. 

The thing is, If we accept an offer of 15 mil+, then we get 15 mil+. If we reject it, we keep Will Hughes. We win either way. 

It will depend on if he is as influential for us as he now when he is,hopefully, playing for us in the Premier League. If he is still one of our most influential players then, which I think he would be, he will be worth loads. If we bring in someone who keeps him out of the team he will be worth considerably less.

Will hughes is invaluable to Derby at present.

He is the best player in Britain outside of the top division, his only downside is his lack of goals.

Lets enjoy him while he is at derby then watch him become a more complete player when eventually he has moved on to a top club and plays regularly for England and probably captains them.  future Bryan Robson,

Genuinely love watching him on the ball and he alone is worth buying a ticket.

A bit off topic here, but that chip from WH versus Cardiff to find Bennett was one of the most sublime footballing moments of the season. Pure Hughes magic. 

He played another ball through to Bennett which was sublime to get him through on goal but was fouled and the ref blew when he should have played advantage. Some of the passes and skills he is pulling off are amazing!

He played another ball through to Bennett which was sublime to get him through on goal but was fouled and the ref blew when he should have played advantage. Some of the passes and skills he is pulling off are amazing!

He'd excel at Barcelona to be honest. If they are smart they'd take a look at him, because he fits their style; he's in that same mould as Xavi, or David Silva, with his tic tac dancing in the midfield, and there aren't too many class players around like that. On top of that, he's always quick over to encourage others, first to celebrate goals, and even on that play where Bennett shanked it, he went over and gave him a word of encouragement. You know he will help Ince and Lingard settle in. He's class and I think he's not too far away from being captain, in spite of his young age. 

Good points Carl...

Out of interest, how many would swap him for Adam Lallana?

Personally, i wouldn't. Will is the better player imo.

I rate both of them, but they're different sort of players and Will suits us more. So, to answer your question, no i wouldn't swap Hughes for Lallana.

Archived