Derby County v Bolton Wanderers

Mafiabob

My breakdown -

Grant 7 - didn't have a lot to do really but made a good save from a breakaway second half.

Shotton 8 - good all round game, certainly better defensively than Christie.

Keogh 6 - pretty quiet game, hard to rate him higher

Buxton 6 - similar to Keogh really. Improved second half

Forsyth 7 - having Shotton in the team at RB seems to free Forsyth up to go forward. More of an attacking threat today.

Mascarell 7 - isn't it refreshing to not keep talking about defensive midfielders? Mixed it well against a bunch of cloggers today

Hughes 9 - this lad is in sensational form, despite teams repeatedly trying to kick him out the game

Hendrick 8 - 2 good goals, unlucky not to set up one for Ince first half and Bent second

Ward 4 - not in the same class as the rest. Lacking pace and certainly looked like he was tired after about 50 minutes

Ince 8 - was in and out of the game a bit but when he was being used he was very tidy. Quick, can go both ways and took goals very well.

Martin 7 - hold up play was decent and we looked more fluent with the one touch stuff than we have in general in a while.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't believe you lot thinking the bbc are anti-derby. It's the main game on the fls ffs, that's why they do it. If Garth Crooks watches championship football regularly here should know Bournemouth are comfortably the best team in the division. Anyway on to the game, yay we won.

Here we go again. I remember fans on here calling for near double figures against forest too. Well set out teams are capable of doing a job on Derby; there are 11 other people trying to stop them playing, and its worked too often for my liking.

4-1

My breakdown -

Grant 7 - didn't have a lot to do really but made a good save from a breakaway second half.

Shotton 8 - good all round game, certainly better defensively than Christie.

Keogh 6 - pretty quiet game, hard to rate him higher

Buxton 6 - similar to Keogh really. Improved second half

Forsyth 7 - having Shotton in the team at RB seems to free Forsyth up to go forward. More of an attacking threat today.

Mascarell 7 - isn't it refreshing to not keep talking about defensive midfielders? Mixed it well against a bunch of cloggers today

Hughes 9 - this lad is in sensational form, despite teams repeatedly trying to kick him out the game

Hendrick 8 - 2 good goals, unlucky not to set up one for Ince first half and Bent second

Ward 4 - not in the same class as the rest. Lacking pace and certainly looked like he was tired after about 50 minutes

Ince 8 - was in and out of the game a bit but when he was being used he was very tidy. Quick, can go both ways and took goals very well.

Martin 7 - hold up play was decent and we looked more fluent with the one touch stuff than we have in general in a while.

Almost totally agree, maybe a 7 for Shotton rather 8.

My view:

Lee Grant - 8 - Solid performance, I don't think he could do anything about the goal but saved a one-on-one.

Craig Forsyth - 6 - Solid defensively, as always. He had a great start but from about 30 minutes onwards he was terrible when distributing. 

Richard  Keogh - 7 - Solid. He won most of his battles and snuffed out most attacks.

Jake Buxton - 7 - Same as Keogh.

Ryan Shotton - 7 - He did some hospital passes and was generally quite laid back when defending. Leacock-esc. 

Omar Mascarell - 8 - Another great performance. He made a pass to Tom Ince that was mind blowing. He's found his feet in English football, that's for sure! 

Will Hughes - 9 - Similar to other weeks. He's got great vision and is the hub of our play. I felt the ref was terrible today and he took a battering because of it. 

Jamie Ward - 5 - The stand out performer today - not for the right reasons. He looked jaded and struggled to get into the game. He just looked short of match fitness. 

Tom Ince - 10 - I haven't given a 10 out to anybody this season but I felt his performance deserved it. He was outstanding. He's everything Ibe is, plus everything what Dawkins is. He works hard for the team, he gets stuck in, he doesn't lose the ball and he creates as many chances as shots he takes. He's a complete winger - in our system, he is going to be outstanding. I can see a Thorne situation happening, again. 

Chris Martin - 7 - Great technical ability, but got no help from the referee, who I have said looked so bad today. He was in the link up play but didn't really get a chance in front of goal.

Bryson, Bent and Dawkins - all 6. Nothing really of note, although all three did have a shot at goal. 

EDIT: missed out Hendrick, who I rated a 7, he had an exceptionally bad opening half an hour but his first goal gave him the confidence and his second goal will hopefully put him in a good frame of mind for Tuesday night.

Agree with 90% of this but thought Forsyth was much improved as he started going down the wing more and gave us an outlet again. Something that has been missing recently from his game. Felt a bit sorry for Dawks cos he had an excellent opportunity to set Bent up and was too rusty having just come on and missed the moment. Got a sense he was rushing too much to prove a point. Hendricks attacking play was great but he didn't press enough in the first half

You know the tackle on Hughes that everyone went nuts about?

From my poor angle it looked a superb hard tackle?

I'm more bothered by the constant ankle tapping he has to endure every single week. Dirty little stud rakes that you'll never see a yellow card for but that get a bit sore.

I know the tactic well. I used to do it to good players. Little kick and apologise. Then do it again.

can we mention the ref again?

I thought he was pretty poor.

Should have booked trotter for a foul through the back of hughes and looked like he bottled a red on moxey.

He wasn't interested in giving anything for the aerial duels all game. Consistently bad I guess.

He wasn't interested in giving anything for the aerial duels all game. Consistently bad I guess.

Yes - I thought it was how he reffed the game generally - give really obvious stuff but if he was uncertain; let it ride. He seemed to shy away from making decisions all around the park.  Poor.

Archived