Derby County v Bolton Wanderers

Mafiabob

Managed to get to the game today with our youngest son and really enjoyed it. Overall a very competent performance and I thought Ince was outstanding, in addition to the goals he gave us a lot more pace up front as well.

COYR

Thought ince was a bit leggy first half hour but after he scored that stunning free kick seemed to grow into the game and for me was motm.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The BBC Final Score only showed the Bournemouth win. Quite disgusting for all the other Championship sides and fans.

Why?

Most Derby fans would have been at the game and those that weren't can watch the goals tonight.

If they showed every game would people then watch the championship later, maybe they save the teams with the most fans for later to keep the viewing figures up.....or maybe there is a conspiracy theory that we will see revealed in the Sunday sport soon, along with the bus in the moon and elvis still being alive (is that paper still going?)

Good win. Thought we looked very loose and careless the first 20 mins or so. Lost possession a lot and passing wasn't as it should have been. Once the goal went in we found a rhythm and didn't really need to change gears. Thought Keogh played well today. I can't say I'm his biggest fan but his last few games have been very solid. No one really played badly though Ward was a wee bit quiet. 

My view:

Lee Grant - 8 - Solid performance, I don't think he could do anything about the goal but saved a one-on-one.

Craig Forsyth - 6 - Solid defensively, as always. He had a great start but from about 30 minutes onwards he was terrible when distributing. 

Richard  Keogh - 7 - Solid. He won most of his battles and snuffed out most attacks.

Jake Buxton - 7 - Same as Keogh.

Ryan Shotton - 7 - He did some hospital passes and was generally quite laid back when defending. Leacock-esc. 

Omar Mascarell - 8 - Another great performance. He made a pass to Tom Ince that was mind blowing. He's found his feet in English football, that's for sure! 

Will Hughes - 9 - Similar to other weeks. He's got great vision and is the hub of our play. I felt the ref was terrible today and he took a battering because of it. 

Jamie Ward - 5 - The stand out performer today - not for the right reasons. He looked jaded and struggled to get into the game. He just looked short of match fitness. 

Tom Ince - 10 - I haven't given a 10 out to anybody this season but I felt his performance deserved it. He was outstanding. He's everything Ibe is, plus everything what Dawkins is. He works hard for the team, he gets stuck in, he doesn't lose the ball and he creates as many chances as shots he takes. He's a complete winger - in our system, he is going to be outstanding. I can see a Thorne situation happening, again. 

Chris Martin - 7 - Great technical ability, but got no help from the referee, who I have said looked so bad today. He was in the link up play but didn't really get a chance in front of goal.

Bryson, Bent and Dawkins - all 6. Nothing really of note, although all three did have a shot at goal. 

EDIT: missed out Hendrick, who I rated a 7, he had an exceptionally bad opening half an hour but his first goal gave him the confidence and his second goal will hopefully put him in a good frame of mind for Tuesday night. 

My view:

Lee Grant - 8 - Solid performance, I don't think he could do anything about the goal but saved a one-on-one.

Craig Forsyth - 6 - Solid defensively, as always. He had a great start but from about 30 minutes onwards he was terrible when distributing.

Richard Keogh - 7 - Solid. He won most of his battles and snuffed out most attacks.

Ryan Shotton - 7 - He did some hospital passes and was generally quite laid back when defending. Leacock-esc.

Omar Mascarell - 8 - Another great performance. He made a pass to Tom Ince that was mind blowing. He's found his feet in English football, that's for sure!

Will Hughes - 9 - Similar to other weeks. He's got great vision and is the hub of our play. I felt the ref was terrible today and he took a battering because of it.

Jamie Ward - 5 - The stand out performer today - not for the right reasons. He looked jaded and struggled to get into the game. He just looked short of match fitness.

Tom Ince - 10 - I haven't given a 10 out to anybody this season but I felt his performance deserved it. He was outstanding. He's everything Ibe is, plus everything what Dawkins is. He works hard for the team, he gets stuck in, he doesn't lose the ball and he creates as many chances as shots he takes. He's a complete winger - in our system, he is going to be outstanding. I can see a Thorne situation happening, again.

Chris Martin - 7 - Great technical ability, but got no help from the referee, who I have said looked so bad today. He was in the link up play but didn't really get a chance in front of goal.

Bryson, Bent and Dawkins - all 6. Nothing really of note, although all three did have a shot at goal.

Thank you Amb,nice breakdown.

My view:

Richard  Keogh - 7 - Solid. He won most of his battles and snuffed out most attacks.

Bit harsh on ward but he looks most likely to lose his place when Russell is back

I have no idea, just said that the Final Score show only showed the Bournemouth Win, a good win of course but not fair on all the other fans as not everyone has Sky. Broadsheets we don't get any mention..

absolute bull... Think you will find that Bournemouth is main game tonight. That's why they got shown.

Conspiracies etc my sausage!

My view:

EDIT: missed out Hendrick, who I rated a 7, he had an exceptionally bad opening half an hour but his first goal gave him the confidence and his second goal will hopefully put him in a good frame of mind for Tuesday night.

I'd agree, other than I think I'd give Shotton a 4 - surprised he wasn't replaced with Christie as he really wasn't at the races today. I'd also downgrade Martin to a 5/6 as he didn't pull up any trees today; did he have a shot on target?

Archived