Junior Hoilett and Matt Phillips

DcFc Dyycheee

If no loan then cannot see this happening. I imagine Smc see's these two as capable of helping us push for promotion, and then surplus to requirements if promoted. We need a temporary fix whilst we have injuries and suspensions, but forking out several million plus investing same in wages doesn't make sense to me. Think we will move on and look for another loan, these two are not playing in a fairly poor abd struggling QPR team.

Neither was Bent

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes thats true, I was getting at the fact that although Phillips and Hoilett are not getting a game for a crap team, Bent wasnt playing in a poor Villa side struggling for goals.

But you're right - 'Arry wages/fees would get in the way of a perm move

It seems strange that McClaren wouldn't have a favourite.

I guess it's hard to predict which would do better out of the two, but I think Phillips would perhaps serve us better. Although Hoilett, on his day, is perhaps a better player.

It smacks that we've asked the question and they're desperately trying to drum up interest for the last week of the window.

If we wait until the end of the week then I think we'll get a different answer.

It seems strange that McClaren wouldn't have a favourite.

I guess it's hard to predict which would do better out of the two, but I think Phillips would perhaps serve us better. Although Hoilett, on his day, is perhaps a better player.

It smacks that we've asked the question and they're desperately trying to drum up interest for the last week of the window.

If we wait until the end of the week then I think we'll get a different answer.

Got to wait until Arry pokes his head out of the window of his 4X4

Touch concerned that QPR Fans do not rate either of them...

West Brom fans didn't rate Thorne.

Norwich fans didn't rate Martin.

Watford fans didn't rate Forsyth.

I suppose the problem with taking any player on permanently from QPR is that they reputedly (and judging by FFP) pay very high wages. Hoilet won't take a huge reduction to come to us. Is he worth breaking the bank for - I'd say no. Acceptable gamble for a few months on loan, even if we pay his full wages. But not for a three year commitment unless he looks brilliant on loan.

Archived