Junior Hoilett and Matt Phillips

DcFc Dyycheee

No offence but the idea that 99.9% players improve with us is a total myth.

Has keogh improved?

Fozzy, bryson, and bucko have gone backwards.

Is Dawkins improving?

If we're talking about "improving with us" then every one of those has improved, because all of them were either knocking about in the SPL or were playing at the fringes or for lower of mid-table Championship sides (MLS for Dawkins), and are now all key members for a promotion-chasing team.

Yes Buxton is improving. If we're talking about his whole Derby time then it's obvious, if we're talking about just under McClaren, compare the number of goals we've conceded this season with last. Same goes for Keogh although I will admit his personal performances are slipping.

Not sure the Forsyth one is really worth a comment. Twice the player he was when we signed as a failed left winger, has had a couple of spells this season but I'd still take him over most of the other LBs in this league.

Bryson, fair enough, worse than last season but about the same as in his time before, just the team around him has got better.

The jury is out on Dawkins, I think we don't use him often enough but I know others will disagree.

99.9% is an exaggeration but clearly, given how little the team has changed in the past 15 months compared to most sides in the division and how far we've improved in terms of league position since then, it stands to reason that most players have improved in the squad in that time...unless it's just pure luck that's got us here?

Players have peaks and troughs in form but overall, most of this team has improved. There's a dodgy spell we had before the Forest game last season that we seem to have forgotten about.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not going back to the year dot.

Why then we would have to admit that some players improved under nigel clough....and we daren't go there.

I'm comparing this season with last.

''Bygone days''???

He's 24 man, get a grip! He's probably not even hit his peak yet but you're saying he's past it...

Get a grip?

He produced at a very young age and has done precious little in the last 3 seasons. 

DCFC fans are seemingly doing cartwheels over a player that has done nothing for the last 36 months.

I would say it's them that need to "get a grip".

No offence but the idea that 99.9% players improve with us is a total myth.

Has keogh improved?

Fozzy, bryson, and bucko have gone backwards.

Is Dawkins improving?

This is clearly a joke right?

Keogh has obviously improved under SM no doubt. Now one of the better CB's in the championship.

Fozzy couldn't get a game for Torquay, looked far and away our worst player, uncomfortable on and off the ball, now I would take him over 90% of LB's in championship.

Bryson last season had more goals but he also had more minutes and we also focused more central, this season we have played with more width, but no I don't think he has been as influential.

Bucko unfortunately had had a hip problem all season so surely can't be compared that much to last season when he played almost ever minute?

Dawks not been given time this season, I don't understand the hatred of him on here, he is what he is, a solid midfielder nothing spectacular, but he does a job.

Jeez stop complaining so much and support your team instead of trying to pick at the seams!

Dawkins is one of about 2/3 players I'd pay to watch train. The ball sticks to him like glue yet because he isn't some explosive, huge, powerful winger that will beat their defender before crossing into row Z (see Antonio) people don't rate him. 

His final ball isn't consistent, nor are his performances but open your eyes. Any winger who is consistently playing well does not play for a championship team. All wingers in the championship drift in and out of games/form. If they didn't they'd be at a higher level. 

If you are only 44, you must really have had a hard life. Your decision to not reflect on your current relationship with Daveo is slightly disappointing from a goss point of view, but I respect your integrity. If we are going to buy a Hoillett I think we should buy Senior.

P.s. Memo to Ambitious: Thankyou for the stats on Matty Phillips. Quite surprising. I thought he might make a difference. I now suspect not.

Daveo's got a new woman, another one in denial. :(

If we get both... Oh my! :D

Qpr are expecting fees for both.... I see why they are broke. Neither in the team and destined for a championship team. Hhoilett s contract is up next year. Their wages will be huge, so they won't move without a big pay off which is likely to be bigger than any fee qpr could get. Do the maths and figure they need to cut losses.

Get a grip?

He produced at a very young age and has done precious little in the last 3 seasons. 

DCFC fans are seemingly doing cartwheels over a player that has done nothing for the last 36 months.

I would say it's them that need to "get a grip".

Another candidate for manager when if Steve goes to Newcastle. We're in good hands, folks.

;)

Presumably QPR want to sell, but once the window closes i assume the loan window is still open?

You'd think one of then would go to Wigan to replace McManaman.

But if mcmananam is only worth

If no loan then cannot see this happening. I imagine Smc see's these two as capable of helping us push for promotion, and then surplus to requirements if promoted. We need a temporary fix whilst we have injuries and suspensions, but forking out several million plus investing same in wages doesn't make sense to me. Think we will move on and look for another loan, these two are not playing in a fairly poor abd struggling QPR team.

Archived