Promotion rivals watch

Kernow

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just trying to be positive mate. On paper it defo looks better for us than there couple of fixtures. But it's up to us we need to play well, if we do we'll be ok.

Fair due's mate , , we need to play well , the Wendies are a good away side only lost 4 , they are better away than at home.

We must start winning these "advantage" games if we want to finish top two.

Cardiff , Wigan , Millwall , F****t , all dropped points at home we should not have done .

Some new reassuring stats:

Rams play 9 bottom half teams and 6 top half.

Boro and Bournemouth play 9 top half teams and 6 bottom half.

Rams points per game ratio against top half teams at home is 2.00. Bournemouth's is 1.14

Ipswich have to play Norwich, Leeds, Brentford, Boro, Watford, Bournemouth, Wolves.

Bournemouth's next four games are all against top ten teams

Our three hardest games on paper are all at home (Boro, Watford, Brentford)

"Six pointers":

Ipswich v Boro (March 14th)

Rams v Boro (March 17th)

Ipswich v Watford (March 21st)

Boro v Bournemouth (March 21st)

Rams v Watford (April 3rd)

Ipswich v Bournemouth (April 3rd)

Some new reassuring stats:

Rams play 9 bottom half teams and 6 top half.

Boro and Bournemouth play 9 top half teams and 6 bottom half.

Rams points per game ratio against top half teams at home is 2.00. Bournemouth's is 1.14

Ipswich have to play Norwich, Leeds, Brentford, Boro, Watford, Bournemouth, Wolves.

Bournemouth's next four games are all against top ten teams

Our three hardest games on paper are all at home (Boro, Watford, Brentford)

"Six pointers":

Ipswich v Boro (March 14th)

Rams v Boro (March 17th)

Ipswich v Watford (March 21st)

Boro v Bournemouth (March 21st)

Rams v Watford (April 3rd)

Ipswich v Bournemouth (April 3rd)

We've got more games against bottom half teams, which in theory is positive, but (and I've not checked the stats on this) isn't our record against bottom half teams this season as bad as our record against the top half teams is good. In a way, I'd rather we were playing more top half teams.

Can't see Bournemouth losing to Brentford, I think we'll see them implode now they've announced Warburton's off in the summer, his authority has been completely undermined. I'd be surprised if they pick up many more points between now and May.

Boro's run in is very tough, and their system relies on them scoring first (which admittiedly they are good at). Remind me of us under Davies, but they play better football then we did then. It will be interesting to see how they do when they play away at a good team, which they haven't done yet, aside from Ipswich which I think they lost.

The difference between 2007 and now is how we're faring against the teams around us. In 2007 we only got one point out of games against Brum and Sunderland (I think!). Similarly last season, we got no points vs Burnley and Leicester, if we'd have beaten Burnley twice there would have been a 12 point swing that would've seen us promoted.This season so far, out of three games vs Bournemouth and Boro, we have four.

If we don't lose to Boro, we should be in a stong position.

We've got more games against bottom half teams, which in theory is positive, but (and I've not checked the stats on this) isn't our record against bottom half teams this season as bad as our record against the top half teams is good. In a way, I'd rather we were playing more top half teams.

Crazy day and if anything tells us just how unpredictable this league is.

Derby are in the driving seat, and with our goal threat you would have to make us favourites. I'd much rather have a better goal threat than a defence, rather than the other way round like Boro.

Our goal will remain, but they're suspect to days like today where they will come out with draws or low defeats as they can't make their chances count.

Archived