Promotion rivals watch

Kernow

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Suspect over the next few weeks we'll be seeing Boro and ourselves beginning to pull away from Bournemouth.

Shame Ipswich and Watford won - anything less than three points for either of those and they could probably start kissing goodbye to any latent hopes of making the autos.

Suspect over the next few weeks we'll be seeing Boro and ourselves beginning to pull away from Bournemouth.

Shame Ipswich and Watford won - anything less than three points for either of those and they could probably start kissing goodbye to any latent hopes of making the autos.

I'm not sure. They're a good side. We maybe should have beaten them but then if they capitalised on our mistakes they could've been two or even 3-0 up before we scored. They've dropped two points which should have been a banker but then look at us at home to Millwall & Wigan. Can you imagine if we'd have won those two?

I do now think however that us & Boro will be the automatically promoted sides, although in what order I'm not sure and I don't think B'mouth will be far away at all.

The top 6 for me will be:

1. Derby/Boro

2. Boro/Derby

3. Bournemouth

4. Norwich

5. Watford

6. Ipswich

Brentford and Wolves to both just miss out.

If it does finish like that, I think it'd be 3rd v 4th final again.

They're a good side. Just not as good as sum or Boro, IMO.

Wigan, Millwall, even Leeds was a long time ago for us now. Only the Forest result, and performance stands out like a sore thumb recently.

We won't get a better chance than this. If we don't pull away now and capitalise then we only have ourselves to blame really.

Yeh, I'm all in for Brentford.

Got to admit, Watford aren't half kicking in to gear now aswell. Take out that ridiculous Bournemouth match and they're bang in form - and doing so by not actually playing that well.

Watford vs Norwich next week. I'd rather see Norwich win, as I don't see them as a threat for the top two like others do.

Ipswich won't go away either, but I don't think their away form will be good enough in the end. Too likely to draw games rather than win them.

With us playing Rotherham on Tuesday, Boro playing Brum on Wednesday - what are the chances of three different teams taking top spot in the same week?

Unreal.

First post on here in a few years! :)

I agree with those who say that the current top 6 will be the top 6 come May. Tough to call what order though!

Derby- Best side on paper, but who ever won anything on paper! We're capable of beating anybody but also could lose to anyone. We've been our own worst enemy this season, it feels like complacency sometimes sets in, often following great results by losing games we were confident about- Leeds and Forest spring to mind. Hopefully we've eliminated that now and can push on.

Boro- A great side no doubt, very well organised. As a result though they sacrifice goalscoring threat- it would be interesting to see how they'd do without Bamford in their team- I know he doesn't score all their goals but I would say he drives the majority of their attacks. Key to beating them is scoring first- doesn't happen often, but they've lost 5 of the 7 games where the opposition has scored first, and lost no games where they've scored first. Reckon they're our biggest rival, but would love to see them finish outside top 2 as their fans seem to believe that they're the next Barcelona. Sorry guys, but Forest won the League in August! :)

Bournemouth- Most like us, great going forward, not the best at the back, remind me of us last season. The next few games are going to be very tough, we went on a great run through winter last season, I think because teams thought we were just in good form, and they didn't need a plan to beat us. Later in the season teams started to realise we were the real deal and set about stopping us playing. Reckon that's what's going to happen to Bounemouth, and it will take them 5-10 games at least to figure out a plan to beat it. It was plauging us this season too, I'd say the win against Leeds after Christmas was the first time I've seen us really get about a side who plays the physical game, matching them and ultimately beating them.

Watford- Too inconsistent to get to the autos IMO, can win 6-0 one week and lose 3-0 the next. Some great players though.

Norwich- Really don't know what to make of them, were looking good before the manager left, the new guy's not doing a bad job, but Mike Phelan no longer there, he's a great coach and would be interested to know how much of an impact he had during their good spell towards end of last year.

Ipswich- Tough to beat but again inconsistent. McCarthy panicked against us and changed formation as soon as we scored, if he'd left it as it was they may have reacted better. If he keeps doing that every time they go behind they probably won't pick up enough points to challenge.

So all in all an interesting end to the season coming up!

This weekend for the top 6 is as follows:

Brentford v Bournemouth

Middlesbrough v Leeds

Derby v Sheff Wed

Ipswich v Reading

Watford Norwich

I anticipate wins for Derby, Boro & Ipswich. Reckon Bournemouth and Watford & Norwich will draw.

Assuming Boro win tomorrow night it would leave the table at:

Boro 65

Derby 62

Bmouth 60

Ipswich 60

Watford 57

Norwich 54

Very, very tight. It's what makes losing points against 'lower' opposition so frustrating.

Bournmouth next 2 games, both away are Brentford & Forest whilst we have Wednesday & Charlton at home. We need 6 points as they will drop points in the next week.

Arter is out of both so they could easily lose both and a 6 point lead over them with 13 games left would be lovely!

Bournmouth next 2 games, both away are Brentford & Forest whilst we have Wednesday & Charlton at home. We need 6 points as they will drop points in the next week.

Arter is out of both so they could easily lose both and a 6 point lead over them with 13 games left would be lovely!

Its all could's and should's though mate , like last night's should.

Archived