Promotion rivals watch

Kernow

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It will soon get to the stage where the top teams play each other and we won't know who we want to win.

I was all for Bournemouth winning their games, don't think I am anymore. Boro still have Watford, Norwich, Ipswich and Bournemouth to play (as well as us) - not sure if it would be better hoping they actually win some of these.

Our next three matches represent a great chance for us to maintain a bit of a gap head in to that run of fixtures against the top teams.

I wonder if Bournemouth are feeling the pressure now?

It will soon get to the stage where the top teams play each other and we won't know who we want to win.

I was all for Bournemouth winning their games, don't think I am anymore. Boro still have Watford, Norwich, Ipswich and Bournemouth to play (as well as us) - not sure if it would be better hoping they actually win some of these.

Our next three matches represent a great chance for us to maintain a bit of a gap head in to that run of fixtures against the top teams.

I wonder if Bournemouth are feeling the pressure now?

I agree entirely in that it doesn't really matter if we win the league or finish second - it will count for nothing come the start of next season.

In fact, I'm pretty sure over the years there has been no real advantage to whoever wins the league.

QPR won it ahead of Swansea and Norwich the other year but were the first to go down. Leicester Aren't exactly doing great this year? Cardiff and Reading both won the league in recent years and finished bottom the season after.

I'd lik Boro to go up, but I reckon they'd do quite well in the Premier League. If I was to think ahead, probably Ipswich and Norwich would be the best bet to go up as both appear the sort of teams that would struggle up there.

Another big weekend for us.

Here's the fixtures for the sides involved in the top 8.

Brum v Brentford

B'mouth v Blackburn

Cardiff v Wolves

Fulham v Derby

Leeds v Watford

Sheff Wed v Boro

Sunday: Norwich Ipswich

I'd say we all have tough games. Only two of the top 8 play at home, with one of those (Norwich) having their local derby v a fellow top six side.

If I had to predict it I'd get Brentford draw, Bournemouth win, Wolves win, Derby win, Watford draw, Boro draw, Ipswich v Norwich draw.

That would do me nicely as the table would then read:

Derby 68

Boro 64

Bournemouth 62

Ipswich 61

Norwich 60

Watford 60

Brentford 59

Wolves 57

That would give us a four point buffer to second, six point buffer to third & nine points to 7th.

On the other hand, it could be another one of those unpredictable weekends when only one side or even none at the top wins. Plenty of potential banana skins wherever you look.

Got to admit, the top seven (I don't really rate Wolves) are doing excellent this season and it's a shame one of these will miss out on a playoff spot.

That said, how good are the playoffs going to be this year? Far better than last year IMO where QPR were boring, Wigan were out of form and not actually that good and Brighton were pretty average.

I'd love to see this:

Norwich vs Boro

Bournemouth vs Watford

But if we grab an auto spot then chances are one of the four teams above will too.

I can't see Ipswich or Brentford making the top two in all fairness but they'd also be very strong over two legs in the playoffs I'd imagine - especially Ipswich.

Archived