Promotion rivals watch

Kernow

I think that I know a lot about football but predicting results in this league is rock hard. This could be the season when three clubs get 90 points, one of them misses out on goal difference and gets knocked out in the play offs. We need as many goals as we can get to boost goal difference but goals are no good if you are not solid at the back. Injuries to key players may in reality decide who gets promoted. Most teams have three key players and if you lose them then you are in trouble. I think that Boro may have seen Brentford off and there is some indication that Ipswich are finding the pace difficult. We need to get six points clear of fourth place but shaking off Bourbnemouth and Boro will be much tougher. I think that we will need to beat them in our fixtures to keep them at bay. Bournemouth can score goals against any team but Boro are very resistant to conceding goals whilst have potent attackers. I think that all things being equal with Thorne coming back and a very deep squad, we will pull it off.

Just seen on SSN that Villa have one more goal after 22 games than we had when we went down. All the more amazing that they let Bent go.

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone seen the form of the top 8 over the past 10 matches? It's ridiculous.

Bournemouth 24 points

Derby 22 points

Middlesbrough 23 points

Brentford 18 points

Ipswich 17 points

Watford 21 points

Norwich 20 points

Wolves 18 points

Five of those are currently on league winning, the rest comfortably playoff form

I think it goes to show just how rubbish the rest of the league is. There is a clear gap between 8th and 9th downwards. I can't see anyone else breaking in to the top 8.

Anyone seen the form of the top 8 over the past 10 matches? It's ridiculous.

Bournemouth 24 points

Derby 22 points

Middlesbrough 23 points

Brentford 18 points

Ipswich 17 points

Watford 21 points

Norwich 20 points

Wolves 18 points

Five of those are currently on league winning, the rest comfortably playoff form

I think it goes to show just how rubbish the rest of the league is. There is a clear gap between 8th and 9th downwards. I can't see anyone else breaking in to the top 8.

From top seven only Ipswich lost points today.

Don't know about the rest of you but I'm still saying Norwich and us are going to get top two places.

From top seven only Ipswich lost points today.

Don't know about the rest of you but I'm still saying Norwich and us are going to get top two places.

You're dreaming if Bournemouth beat us on Tuesday that's one promotion place left up for grabs and Boro will be at least 9 points clear of Norwich come Tuesday night

I believe we have now given up on any hope of an automatic promotion.

There still remains a large majority of our support who believe we can fight back and be in the top two once again this season but really, they're only fooling themselves.   I knew all along we weren't good enough for the top two and up until new year it was fun and we enjoyed being where we were, but the reality is the only chance we have left to get out of this league once again is through the play-off opportunities, and even that is now looking more distant with each passing game.

I got to give Bournemouth all the accolades going as they're clearly no fluke and will be a deserved addition to the EPL next season should they make it.    I don't know who will make up the other auto place but take this opportunity to wish this club all the best in their subsequent endeavors.    Maybe we'll join you if possible by way of the play-offs but of course it still remains a little premature to be making proper judgments.     All I know is, today represented another wasted opportunity.  (And we can realistically forget any hope of an auto promotion place)

I believe we have now given up on any hope of an automatic promotion.

There still remains a large majority of our support who believe we can fight back and be in the top two once again this season but really, they're only fooling themselves. I knew all along we weren't good enough for the top two and up until new year it was fun and we enjoyed being where we were, but the reality is the only chance we have left to get out of this league once again is through the play-off opportunities, and even that is now looking more distant with each passing game.

I got to give Bournemouth all the accolades going as they're clearly no fluke and will be a deserved addition to the EPL next season should they make it. I don't know who will make up the other auto place but take this opportunity to wish this club all the best in their subsequent endeavors. Maybe we'll join you if possible by way of the play-offs but of course it still remains a little premature to be making proper judgments. All I know is, today represented another wasted opportunity. (And we can realistically forget any hope of an auto promotion place)

This is a strange post. Or am I missing the irony because I really ought to be asleep now. Is it a deeply sarcastic dig at notts_ram?

What opportunity has been wasted today?

Surely this is massively premature. Win on Tuesday and its ours to loose. Even if we loose, we're still firmly in the leading pack of 3. After the display today, there's no reason to think we will end up 3rd of those 3.

Which will turn into a potential 6 points when we're playing Reading in the FA Cup

Blimey, seems like I could give you a litre glass with precisely 500ml of water, and you'd not only tell me it was half empty, but you'd also tell me the half that's left is poison.

You're dreaming if Bournemouth beat us on Tuesday that's one promotion place left up for grabs and Boro will be at least 9 points clear of Norwich come Tuesday night

So you're saying you can't catch 9 points when there is 48 left to play for?

Never mind.

Archived