Promotion rivals watch

Kernow

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BORO CLOSE TO FORSHAW DEAL

Middlesbrough are close to agreeing a deal to sign Wigan midfielder Adam Forshaw, Sky sources understand.

The 23-year-old only signed for the club last summer under former Latics manager Uwe Rosler, who managed the player at their former club Brentford, for a fee believed to be in the region of

Can't say I know much about him, but 4 million is a lot of money.

Watford have had the week of their lives surely? A 5-0 and 7-2 win in the same week, blimey.

Couple of cracking games this weekend. I bet Ipswich are licking their lips at the prospect of dismantling a woeful Wigan side (under Mackay they've become worse) and watching the rest at the top take points off eachother.

Some stats to give us hope:

Bournemouth have only gained FOUR points at home against the teams currently occupying the top half.

They beat Brentford, drew with Ipswich and lost to Norwich and Florist.

They've yet to play The Mighty Rams, Boro, Watford, Wolves, Shef Weds, Blackburn or Birmingham.

Points gained against top half teams: Derby 25, Ipswich 18, Bournemouth 16.

Ipswich have only won away ONCE against top half opposition - Brentford.

12 of both Bournemouth's and Ipswich's final 19 games are against top half teams. 

Some stats to give us hope:

Bournemouth have only gained FOUR points at home against the teams currently occupying the top half.

They beat Brentford, drew with Ipswich and lost to Norwich and Florist.

They've yet to play The Mighty Rams, Boro, Watford, Wolves, Shef Weds, Blackburn or Birmingham.

Points gained against top half teams: Derby 25, Ipswich 18, Bournemouth 16.

Ipswich have only won away ONCE against top half opposition - Brentford.

12 of both Bournemouth's and Ipswich's final 19 games are against top half teams. 

Great stat that, Seeing us picking up points against the more decent sides is always a good thing. The problem last season was we couldn't really beat the teams around us but most of the time putting the weaker teams to the sword.

Seems we have fixed the top half teams problem and struggling against teams wih 3 wins in 18 or 9 games with out a win etc.

Looking at the table, does anybody else feel sorry for the likes of Bolton, Forest, Fulham Cardiff City etc?

I mean, with 19 games left, they have absolutely nothing to play for.

The top six are so consistent this year and the bottom three are so sh!te that the teams in the middle are in double digits away from both.

I can't remember a Championship season like it where the bottom three and top eight are all-but confirmed with NINETEEN games remaining.

Archived