Jack Butland joins a months loan

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We haven't conceded in 4 games, imagine the immense pressure that'd put on Roos.

Turns up for Blackpool, lets a goal in, feels like he let everyone down because he couldn't keep the clean sheet run going. It's not the time for Roos, especially since he is coming back from a slight knock himself.

His chance will come, I'm sure of it.

how old is Roos?

Gutted for granty he's been top draw this season, but . . . . What a bloody signing that is!! i'm as excited with this signing as i was when we signed Thorne on loan last season. He's absolute quality and im sorry but he blows Roos out of the water! He was on talk sport the other day saying how he wanted to fight for his place at Stoke but would look at loan options in the Champ in the new year but we've obviously come in early. The talk sport guys were saying who ever signs him in the champ will have the best keeper in the league, ill have to agree! Top, top signing well done Macca and co! 

I remember a Leeds fan I know saying how utter garbage he was, but being a Leeds fan he probably wouldn't know talent if it slapped him in the face :)

I have a brummy mate who was always banging on about him when he was at birmingham. Future england goalie, multi million pound player and all that. I've seen him play a few times and I think it's a fantastic Loan signing.

Well done AGAIN Rush and Macca.

There is no sentiment here, butland is better than Roos so is a good signing, it's one of the most important positions and we need the best player we can in that position. Roos time will come but one game in the cup doesn't mean he is up to playing for a team looking to get promoted for 7 or 8 consecutive games. To be fair I back Steve and Steeles judgment

Although Roos did well when he came in against Reading, let's not forget he was playing for Nuneaton a year ago. Butland has got much more appeareances than Roos despite his young age. If we were in a mid-table position, I'd say let's give Roos a chance, but this season we are going for automatic promotion and we can't afford to take any risks of dropping any points.

We've got one of the best goalkeeping coaches in the country, him out of everyone will know when Roos is able to be playing week in week out, which I imagine won't be very long!

Archived