Jack Butland joins a months loan

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In a ideal world we would turn his head to joining Derby on a permo. But I don't think we will have another Thorne on are hands.

To be fair, if he likes it here he's the kind of player who could want to join us permanently (though I think he'll leave once Grant is fit) if we were to be promoted.

Good player but Stoke is high on him.

True but finding yourself a #3 - after begovic and sorenson - and you're a U21 England international. We've seen the effect playing at the best club in the world has on players - they all want to stay or all want to come. I just think regular playing time, playing for the best GK coach, and he's gonna be knocking down the door. Begovic is only 27 and granted, Sorensen is old, but I doubt Butland finds his way into that team any time soon. If we go up, we will get him for sure  - just not sure if we will fork out 3.5m + which is what it would take when Granty has been so good. 

True but finding yourself a #3 - after begovic and sorenson - and you're a U21 England international. We've seen the effect playing at the best club in the world has on players - they all want to stay or all want to come. I just think regular playing time, playing for the best GK coach, and he's gonna be knocking down the door. Begovic is only 27 and granted, Sorensen is old, but I doubt Butland finds his way into that team any time soon. If we go up, we will get him for sure  - just not sure if we will fork out 3.5m + which is what it would take when Granty has been so good. 

Basicly good youngster is #2, but more experienced head is on the bench so younger ones can concentrate on u-21 games.

Begovic has been rumoured to be going to clubs in Italy and Germany for years, maybe he'll move someday. And I'm afraid that's the moment they'll give Butland his chance.

Basicly good youngster is #2, but more experienced head is on the bench so younger ones can concentrate on u-21 games.

Begovic has been rumoured to be going to clubs in Italy and Germany for years, maybe he'll move someday. And I'm afraid that's the moment they'll give Butland his chance.

Good point Dimmu but Begovic still has many good years ahead of him and has indicated he wants to stay there and extend his contract ... so where's the plan to make Butland #1? I think he's gonna start knocking on Stoke management's door fairly soon ... the only way the situation changes if those Euro clubs (sounds like Real Madrid may be interested) make a big money offer for Begovic.

It was interesting to discover that our former keeper andy quy is now the goalkeeping coach at stoke and that this is the link that allowed us to get butland.

Archived