Jack Butland joins a months loan

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it were only going to be one or two games I'd expect us to go with Roos. But given that we have 6 games in the 2 and a half weeks before the next international break I'm not surprised in the slightest - think it's a fair assumption Grant will miss most of them, longer if the "fractured foot" the Stoke papers are referring to turns out to be true.

Roos deserves the chance for me, he's looked great on the occasions we have seen him so far and could easily have took his place if Grant hadn't recovered so quickly pre season from the knee op. Would have Butler there as back up as he seems to have dropped down the pecking order at Stoke and didn't have a great time at Leeds on loan last season apparently.

Suppose a decent keeper wouldn't come and stay on the bench so in that regard he has to go straight in (it says in Stoke report he will make his debut tomorrow). Don't think it reflects on Roos, he has looked very good but is very inexperienced so perhaps at this stage keep him out of the limelight while he develops Mac is thinking.

I'll be the first to admit Lee Grant has been fantastic since Eric Steele has come in. When he first came back he looked shakey, nervous and clueless with balls into the box but now he's quality!

Butland would be an excellent cover for Grant though and will learn loads from Eric Steele. if he does impress and we we're to extand the loan for the season imagine the competion between Jack Butaland and Lee Grant.

We haven't conceded in 4 games, imagine the immense pressure that'd put on Roos.

Turns up for Blackpool, lets a goal in, feels like he let everyone down because he couldn't keep the clean sheet run going. It's not the time for Roos, especially since he is coming back from a slight knock himself.

His chance will come, I'm sure of it.

Archived