Derby County v Bournemouth

PrivateDerby

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A excellent result against a organised side in Bournemouth i though they defended pretty well. Hughes is on another level and fingers crossed Martin doesn't get injured this season.

A great evening bar some bizarre refereeing decisions and the negative 'pundits' behind me who didn't stop all game. Anyone else have this issue as well? Heard '**** pass' 'Eusless' '**** pass' 'go forrad' '**** pass' 'hoof it' countless times throughout the game. :angry:

Sorry mini-rant over :)

What I didn't get about the sending off was that the referee clearly signalled with an outstretched arm towards the Bournemouth end; either that means 'goal' or 'free-kick to Bournemouth'. How can it possibly have meant 'free-kick to Derby'?

Otherwise, a good display against a competitive side who pass the ball well. Eustace was nowhere near this game though and completely proved my point about him not being able to play this many games in a row. Mascarell has to play soon I think.

Can't believe the plaudits they get for being a good footballing side. F*cking hoof it up to the pretty rapid geezer up front over Shotton's head and sit behind the ball for 95 minutes.

There was a spell just before half time where we let them have the ball in their back four for about 3 minutes and they only got out of their half for 2 touches.

Negative as f*ck.

We were alright, Hughes and Christie were excellent and Shotton was a bit ropey in the first half. Russell needed that assist for Martin cos he did nowt until then.

The sooner Hendrick is back up to full fitness the better - he's just so much better than Bryson (who actually did ok tonight).

Stupid c*nting mobile phone flash thing is so small time and lame. W*nkers the lot of you.

My thoughts exactly...  Especially the flash thing, we ain't at a fu*king Led Zeplin concert!!!

I was expecting them to come at us a bit more than they did, so much for them being a footballing side eh...

I reckon they were happier to see Camp sent off than we were cis it didn't really change their game plan one bit, instead of sitting deep with a four & a five and hoofing it to the speed merchant they just did the same but boot it to the corners instead.  It was almost as bad as the Bolton game last season but I guess we should get used to it cus most teams are going to do exactly the same.

Grant - 6

Christie - 7

Keogh - 7

Shotton - 6

Forsyth - 6

Eustace - 5

Hughes - 9

Bryson - 7

Ibe - 6

Martin - 8

Ward - 7

Hendrick - 6

Russell - 6

Best - 5 (I actually felt sorry for him cus he made a couple of of very smart runs across their line but Russell/Hendrick weren't sharp enough to slip him in)

Baffled by some of the comments on here tonight. 

Bournemouth completely outplayed us up until the sending off imo.

We got very lucky, Hughes and Christie were the only ones who put in a 7/10 or better, some of the passing across the back line was atrocious, Shotton especially. 

Very relieved. 

We got very lucky, Hughes and Christie were the only ones who put in a 7/10 or better, some of the passing across the back line was atrocious, Shotton especially.

Very relieved.

You've gone completely the opposite way.

They hardly completely outplayed us. They kept the ball better than most teams that play here, yet only had 2 shots on target, and frankly I only remember one of them.

It was just one of those games. We deserved to win the game, but it was an any means necessary game in the end.

We got very lucky, Hughes and Christie were the only ones who put in a 7/10 or better, some of the passing across the back line was atrocious, Shotton especially. 

Very relieved. 

Not to worry, Jake will be back soon. If we can maintain this level without our best player then i have no worries....

What I didn't get about the sending off was that the referee clearly signalled with an outstretched arm towards the Bournemouth end; either that means 'goal' or 'free-kick to Bournemouth'. How can it possibly have meant 'free-kick to.

Was just about write this!! I didn't think ref could reverse decisions like that. He could have well been in his rights to give goal and book Camp. Thought sending off was maybe a little harsh (don't think it was on purpose, technically didn't stop the goal either as it went in? Although letter of law is professional foul I suppose). Either way it ruined the game as a spectacle, as Bournemouth took off their only striker meaning it was attack vs defence

Ref should have waited a little longer to see what happened, and then given the goal, as advantage. Then if he wants to come back and red card he can ...

Nope. At least I'm fairly certain he couldn't.

A ref cannot retrospectively give a red card like they can a yellow.

For instance - what if he played on, the ball didn't go out of play for five minutes, and the player who he was going to send off  scored a goal? He couldn't say 'let's rewind five minutes, that player wasn't supposed to be on the pich, let's disallow the goal and send him off now it's out of play" - he has to send the player off there and then.

Ultimately, however long it took today's ref to come to his decision, if he believes Camp handled it outside of his area, he has no choice but to stop play at that moment.

Very relieved. 

How much did you drink before the game?

Bournemouth were organised and played possesion football, but they hardly threatened our goal and had 11 men defending whenever we had the ball.

They didn't really come at us until after our 1st goal.

Archived