Derby County v Bournemouth

PrivateDerby

Very satisfying win last night. These are the sort of teams and the sort of games we need to win to get automatic promo.

We were patient and got the win we deserved. Getting goals late on means we are rewarded for patience, and also means we can be patient in similar games in the future, knowing we are capable of getting there in the end.

A bit like Bouremoth last year in fact. And Yeovil.  Still think we need someone like Bamford who can grab a goal out of nothing.

Hughes?

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2

Hendrick? Martin? Ward? Russell? Ibe? Bryson?

They all could really

Russell hasnt scored a goal yet in the league and neither has Best. Its good that we have midfielders who can score , but when we only have Martin up front I stil think we need another guy who can pop up and put the ball in the onion bag. Might seem silly I know when we score 2 goals a game but we need to win about 25 games to get automatic.

Russell hasnt scored a goal yet in the league and neither has Best. Its good that we have midfielders who can score , but when we only have Martin up front I stil think we need another guy who can pop up and put the ball in the onion bag. Might seem silly I know when we score 2 goals a game but we need to win about 25 games to get automatic.

I would just rather have everyone able to contribute whether they are scoring or not. Bamford, as much as I liked him, didn't really offer anything other than goals. And we already have goals.

The stats disprove those who think Bournemouth had more possession and pressed higher, as I thought.

Total Shots: D(19) B(5)

Shots on Target: D(5) B(2)

Pass Success: D(88%) B(82%)

Aerial Success: D(45%) B(55%)

Dribbles: D(11) B(10)

Tackles: D(18) B(14)

Possession: D(57%) B(43%)

Total Passes: D(606) B(451)

Derby: Had a large quantity of possession in their opponent's half; dominated possession; favoured short passing

Bournemouth: Were aggressive; gave away a lot of free-kicks; favoured long shots.

We also had six players in their half on the 'player positions' they had two in ours. 

Bournemouth didn't outplayed at all don't be stupid. Ref Bananas don't get me on start. Glad we won :)

Rating

Grant 8(nothing much to do but loving his celebrations when we scored lol)

Christie 9

Keogh 8

Shotton 8

Fozzy 7

Eustace 6

Bryson 8

Hughes 10

Ibe 7

Ward 7

Martin 8

Russell 7

Best 7

Hendrick 7 (Great to see him back)

Mac/Simo/Steele 10 (Happy 1st anniversary and good win.)

Unbeaten in 9 onto Saturday :D

Hendrick? Martin? Ward? Russell? Ibe? Bryson?

They all could really

We have been very fortunate to see some fantastic goals over the last year or so - how often have you thought "Only Derby in this division could score a goal like that"?

We need to acquire more points than 22 other teams to gain automatic promotion.

That is all.

They are the most negative, for sure.

I only watched it on stream , and of course its pure conjecture , but up until the Camp fiasco I thought the game had 0-0 written all over it.

Negative , smegative , if that that was their game plan and it had come off, then it would have been good tactics.

Hope we do not get the Man Utd mentality wherein every team is supposed to let you score and if they don't its not fair.

We have been very fortunate to see some fantastic goals over the last year or so - how often have you thought "Only Derby in this division could score a goal like that"?

Very often. It's such a pleasure to watch us play nowadays. The league is ours for the taking

Never.

What I tend to think is - "half the teams in the Prem couldn't do that"! :D

I only watched it on stream , and of course its pure conjecture , but up until the Camp fiasco I thought the game had 0-0 written all over it.

Negative , smegative , if that that was their game plan and it had come off, then it would have been good tactics.

Hope we do not get the Man Utd mentality wherein every team is supposed to let you score and if they don't its not fair.

Not disputing that fact at all. There is nothing whatsoever to force any side to be positive. If their aim is to negate, frustrate and finally nick one to mug the opposition, then that's fair game. Wigan and Millwall were the two to succeed by that approach at Pride Park last season, but more often than not the opposition will be leaving pointless - and goalless.

Whether they would be more successful playing a more open style (like Bolton and Blackburn tried in our last two away trips) is up for debate. I think that Bournemouth came with a game plan and if it hadn't been for Campy, it might have succeeded.

PistoldPete2

We need to acquire more points than 22 other teams to gain automatic promotion.

That is all.

Yes but to get that you need wins; wvee drawn too many. Our defence lets in a lot so we need lots of goals. Doing OK so far tho. 

Yes but to get that you need wins; wvee drawn too many. Our defence lets in a lot so we need lots of goals. Doing OK so far tho. 

Arguably some of our draws have been points gained from games we would have previously lost.

Certainly Sheff Wed and Forest away can be deemed good draws with the way both games went. Cardiff arguably too.

Archived