Derby County v Bournemouth

PrivateDerby

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hughes was phenomenal tonight. He's becoming consistent. It's great to see. Really pulled all the strings.

Bournemouth are a decent team and knocked it round well, but still never really threatened. Only had the one shot that worried me, and that was a tame effort in the end.

Great to see Hendrick back, he didn't look rusty at all which was great.

I'm not going to even start with Eustace.

been there as a ref myself, he blew his whistle too soon - you instantly regret those when you see the ball bundled in, just tough tits for us really. Also, despite what Derby's twitter account reported, it was definitely red for handling outside the area.

Rubbish refereeing.

A minute earlier he played advantage when hughes was clobbered in midfield even tho there was no advantage.

Then at the key moment i find it difficult to believe he even had time to blow the whistle for a foul before the rebound ended up in the net.

A red card for a professional foul is supposed to be issued for denying a goal scoring opportunity.

Clearly it didn't deny a goal scoring opportunity.

Thank goodness it didn't matter in the end.

Rubbish refereeing.

A minute earlier he played advantage when hughes was clobbered in midfield even tho there was no advantage.

That at the key moment i find it difficult to beoieve he even had time to blow the whistle for a foul before the rebound ended up in the net.

A red card for a professional foul is supposed to be issued for denying a goal scoring opportunity.

Clearly it didn't deny a goal scoring opportunity.

Thank goodness it didn't matter in the end.

Apart from the ball was going towards the net and he handled it? How was that not a goal scoring opportunity?

Just a thought on the goal/red card incident. I didn't see clearly what happened as it was down the other end but if Camp handled it outside the box and it rebounded back off Ward into the goal then actually Camp did deny a goal scoring opportunity. It just so happens that in doing so he created one too.

Obviously would never have happened but in my view the ref could have acted to the letter of the law and both sent the keeper off and awarded the goal.

I though they kept it very well without threatening to score. We were more creative but frustratingly wasteful from good situations in and around their box (which is becoming a theme at times). Overall we deserved the win and got it despite the best efforts of the ref.

Both centre backs got away with some sloppy play in possession first half, and I'd welcome Bucko back any time soon please - can't argue with 3 straight clean sheets though.

Chris Martin is scoring, the lad Christie is a real threat. Hughes was brilliant again. If only we'd got the two extra points against Cardiff...

Still don't see your point. Ward put it towards goal. It would have gone in if he didn't handle it.

Play advantage because less than one second later the ball is in the net.

Ref should have waited a little longer to see what happened, and then given the goal, as advantage. Then if he wants to come back and red card he can ... but to take away the goal was wrong. Just assuming that he made a mistake and blew the whistle too fast, saw the ball go in and then figured it was DOGSO. Could have cost us, but we showed we could win playing against 10 men. So that was pleasing. 

Play advantage because less than one second later the ball is in the net.

Exactly. Some common sense from the ref and he would have saved himself a load of hassle. The decision almost disadvantaged us as well - we would much prefer to be a goal up countering on a bournemouth team that were pushing forwards, than goalless going up against a tightly packed defence. In the end we got the goal anyway, so the ref got away with it.

It was a well-deserved win, I don't think you can say much more than that. I thought the 'form' players were all at the top of their game and we played with a dominant style despite Bouremouth's attempts to grind us down. 

If we can keep the standard's set this month up for the rest of the season then I'm positive we'll be in the top two by the end of the season. It's all looking very promising once again. 

Shotton looked rusty in the first 45 but came good in the second-half. Eustace looked very good in the first-half but came unstuck in the second. I thought Ibe was unfortunate to be brought off and until the assists I thought Russell looked poor. Keogh, I thought was once again very good and allowed Christie to do what he does best. The balance of the team looks very good, although I would like a goal in the first-half. 

Can't believe the plaudits they get for being a good footballing side. F*cking hoof it up to the pretty rapid geezer up front over Shotton's head and sit behind the ball for 95 minutes.

There was a spell just before half time where we let them have the ball in their back four for about 3 minutes and they only got out of their half for 2 touches.

Negative as f*ck.

We were alright, Hughes and Christie were excellent and Shotton was a bit ropey in the first half. Russell needed that assist for Martin cos he did nowt until then.

The sooner Hendrick is back up to full fitness the better - he's just so much better than Bryson (who actually did ok tonight).

Stupid c*nting mobile phone flash thing is so small time and lame. W*nkers the lot of you.

Archived