Derby County v Bournemouth

PrivateDerby

Clearly was more than 5 minutes  just for that one Camp sending off / non goal incident, should have been a minimum of 10 but I said it would be far less than that as it always seems to be. Like you say (am I turning into Keogh) wasn't bothered once we had scored though.  Think there will be a few added on on Saturday too if Millwall come with the same game plan as last year and we don't score early doors.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apart from Bryson skying one in the first half we didn't have a chance till the 70th minute. Anyway I don't give a ***** cuz we won and I had a fiver on Hughes FGS at 17/2.

I watched it online but I agree to an extent. Them outplaying us is obviously b*llocks but they were definitely equal in goal scoring threat.

Cant think of one really good chance we had in the first half. At least they had a clear cut chance, that lad for them should have buried that opening from about 10 yards out where he scuffed his shot straight at Grant.

Up until the sending off I didnt think anything other than the game finishing 0-0.

First home game I've watched and wasnt overly impressed.

I thought Bournemouth took the ball from their half to the edge of our box in quite an impressive fashion, make no mistake.

But as for first-half chances, we dominated.

Bryson skied an open-goal - could have been a foul that as he was blatantly bundled in the back before shooting.

Christie could have done better when his shot missed the far post by a matter of inches - he was in on goal at a angle.

Hughes had an effort on goal but it was a powder-puff curler that Camp dealt with easily.

Ibe got in behind their backline a few times but crossing was off.

As for Bournemouth, they had one scuffed shot and that was it. In the second half they created absolutely nothing. I think Grant only had two shots to save all game, that first half scuff and second-half long ranger which was never going to trouble him.

Yep, time to bring back Bucko, Whitbread and Shotton have been unconvincing lately.

Three successive clean sheets - piss poor, Derby. Sort it out McClaren.

Chuffed with the win despite the performance not being overly great.

The hunger for more this team gives me as a fan is immense, can't wait for Saturday now. If we can bow out to the international break with another win then thats us truely up and running. One game at a time boys!

I thought Bournemouth took the ball from their half to the edge of our box in quite an impressive fashion, make no mistake.

But as for first-half chances, we dominated.

Bryson skied an open-goal - could have been a foul that as he was blatantly bundled in the back before shooting.

Christie could have done better when his shot missed the far post by a matter of inches - he was in on goal at a angle.

Hughes had an effort on goal but it was a powder-puff curler that Camp dealt with easily.

Ibe got in behind their backline a few times but crossing was off.

As for Bournemouth, they had one scuffed shot and that was it. In the second half they created absolutely nothing. I think Grant only had two shots to save all game, that first half scuff and second-half long ranger which was never going to trouble him.

I know we had more chances, but wouldnt call any of them clear cut. Agree Christie should have done better with his, probably our best chance first half.

I'd have swapped them all for their chance though, really should have scored that. 

Not trying to make out Bournemouth were any good, because they werent, but never really thought we looked like scoring until the sending off. 

Horribly dour game until the last 20 minutes. Both sides trying to play pretty football without actually doing much (although we certainly created more chances).

The red card incident was a bit bizarre. I had absolutely no idea what was going on - half the team were away celebrating, the other half crowding around the ref. And the crowd were celebrating a good minute before realising what had been given.

I do think that the final decision benefited us though. 1-0 against 11 men, they always have the potential to get a goal back. After going down to 10, there was only going to be one winner and, after we did get the inevitable goal, they had no chance of getting anything.

Grant 6

Christie 8

Keogh 7

Shotton 7

Forsyth 6

Eustace 5

Bryson 7

Hughes 9

Ibe 6

Ward 6

Martin 8

Russell 7

Hendrick 7

Best 6

I know we had more chances, but wouldnt call any of them clear cut. Agree Christie should have done better with his, probably our best chance first half.

I'd have swapped them all for their chance though, really should have scored that. 

Not trying to make out Bournemouth were any good, because they werent, but never really thought we looked like scoring until the sending off. 

I generally agree, I just wasn't under the impression they dominated us or that they created a number of chances.

I liked the way Bournemouth played, I thought their passing was excellent and they found space really well. For quite a limited team which hasn't spent shed loads, they impressed me and their way of doing things has far more potential than the likes of Blackburn and Ipswich.

That chance they carved out was good play on their part rather than anything we particularly did badly.

Christie was immense, and that chance he arguably should have done better with was all his own doing.

Wasn't impressed with our fans though. After a rough few minutes towards the end of the first half when Bournemouth came back into it with quite abit of possession the fans seemed more content at bemoaning the refs decisions rather than getting behind the team.

Yep, time to bring back Bucko, Whitbread and Shotton have been unconvincing lately.

I dunno I think Shotton played o.k first half and put in some good tackles second half. Yes his distribution needs to improve but he give us a physical presence (especially in the air) that the other CB's don't give us. 

I wondered why he changed it, given Whitbread had been in for a clean sheet at the weekend. But within 10 minutes it was clear Shotton's pace was a match for their striker, and that must have factored into the decision.

Horribly dour game until the last 20 minutes. Both sides trying to play pretty football without actually doing much (although we certainly created more chances).

The red card incident was a bit bizarre. I had absolutely no idea what was going on - half the team were away celebrating, the other half crowding around the ref. And the crowd were celebrating a good minute before realising what had been given.

I do think that the final decision benefited us though. 1-0 against 11 men, they always have the potential to get a goal back. After going down to 10, there was only going to be one winner and, after we did get the inevitable goal, they had no chance of getting anything.

Really?

Flipping short memory.

Interesting that everyones rating Forsyth quite poorly, i thought heplayed well last night, very good defensively and a few good balls into the box, alot ofour play was down the right, so he didnt see loads of he ball, but what he did do, i thought he did very well

PistoldPete2

Very satisfying win last night. These are the sort of teams and the sort of games we need to win to get automatic promo.

We were patient and got the win we deserved. Getting goals late on means we are rewarded for patience, and also means we can be patient in similar games in the future, knowing we are capable of getting there in the end.

A bit like Bouremoth last year in fact. And Yeovil.  Still think we need someone like Bamford who can grab a goal out of nothing.

Archived