Derby County v Bournemouth

PrivateDerby

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope. At least I'm fairly certain he couldn't.

A ref cannot retrospectively give a red card like they can a yellow.

For instance - what if he played on, the ball didn't go out of play for five minutes, and the player who he was going to send off  scored a goal? He couldn't say 'let's rewind five minutes, that player wasn't supposed to be on the pich, let's disallow the goal and send him off now it's out of play" - he has to send the player off there and then.

Ultimately, however long it took today's ref to come to his decision, if he believes Camp handled it outside of his area, he has no choice but to stop play at that moment.

Sorry but you couldn't possibly see what happened from Q468 east stand.

What I didn't get about the sending off was that the referee clearly signalled with an outstretched arm towards the Bournemouth end; either that means 'goal' or 'free-kick to Bournemouth'. How can it possibly have meant 'free-kick to Derby'?

Otherwise, a good display against a competitive side who pass the ball well. Eustace was nowhere near this game though and completely proved my point about him not being able to play this many games in a row. Mascarell has to play soon I think.

Not just that, but he moved well away from the incident, whereas if he had awarded a free kick to Bournemouth he would have stayed close to where it happened to make it clear. That's why I couldn't understand what the heck was going on. And still don't.

Grant 7 - confident enough but little to do

Christie 8 - very good again, one of the main threats going forward

Forsyth 6 - ok but distribution still a bit in and out

Keogh 6 - one strange run with the ball out in the direction of Forsyth made me laugh second half

Shotton 7 - couple of errors but thought he had potential in the position

Eustace 6 - fairly quiet but steady enough

Bryson 7 - good energy, great ball out to Russell in build up for second goal

Hughes 9 - dictated play and great goal

Martin 7 - stuck at it, goal and an assist and hit post with free kick

Ibe 6 - overdid things a bit instead of passing, got blocked out mostly

Ward 6 - not a lot of joy, almost scored a fluke goal in Camp sending off incident

Subs

Best 5 - didn't seem to have a lot of conviction

Hendrick 7 - got on the ball a fair bit against the ten men

Russell 6 - great cross for goal but some stray balls before that

Overall a very good win against a decent enough team, think they ought to finish in the top half on that showing

It was worth paying the admission just to watch Hughes and Martin. Both Premier League standard players.

Would say the same for brysons pass to russell for the second goal too, what a pleasure it's been to see Hughes recently, ever since F****t he's been top class.

Baffled by some of the comments on here tonight. 

Bournemouth completely outplayed us up until the sending off imo.

We got very lucky, Hughes and Christie were the only ones who put in a 7/10 or better, some of the passing across the back line was atrocious, Shotton especially. 

Very relieved. 

Sorry if you find this offensive but you're talking out your arse!!!   So so sooooooo negative in everything they did, it was like watching England vs a Germany or a Spain.  Comfortable when the balls being shuttled between the back four but once it goes over the half way line the panic set in and back it went.  They came for a point and left with nowt and they've only got themselves to blame...

We got very lucky, Hughes and Christie were the only ones who put in a 7/10 or better, some of the passing across the back line was atrocious, Shotton especially. 

Very relieved. 

This is clearly a good attempt at a bite - well played, sir.  :lol:

Bournemouth Game. Thought Keogh was going to be a nightmare in first 20 minutes but got a lot better, very combative. Did Forsyth seem to out of position all the first half leaving Shotton to be fullback and fight one on ones throughout the first half. I am now totally confused as to why Shotton was in apart from giving him game time. Derby have too many good players on the field and bench to lose more than a small handful of games this season. Martin is irreplaceable. Search for a backup needs to go to Germany or Holland, maybe even Argentina. great to see Hendrick back. Three hard fought for points tonight. These are the games that Derby need to win. big thanks to Charlton for turning over Norwich. Beat Millwall and the saplings will be below us on Saturday night where they belong.COYSR. The Genius with the Brolly was interviewed and pretty much made it clear that we are going to get better and stronger i.e. double Dutch for who can stop us winning the Championship this season?

Very relieved. 

I watched it online but I agree to an extent. Them outplaying us is obviously b*llocks but they were definitely equal in goal scoring threat.

Cant think of one really good chance we had in the first half. At least they had a clear cut chance, that lad for them should have buried that opening from about 10 yards out where he scuffed his shot straight at Grant.

Up until the sending off I didnt think anything other than the game finishing 0-0.

First home game I've watched and wasnt overly impressed.

My take on tonight's game - Bournemouth came to Derby with a game plan, and that plan consisted of just one word - containment. I have seldom seen a team show a complete and utter lack of ambition, content only to hold on to the ball in their attempt to frustrate Derby.

Well, tough titty, chaps. 

Once Campy tried to wheedle his way back into our affections by being a pillock to give us the man advantage, we made it count.

Regarding the ref - was it Atwell's dad?

Archived