Derby County v Ipswich Town

PrivateDerby

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure he would be told to stay back all the time as in theory if he is going down that flank no reason why Christie wouldn't be on the half way line on his side.

Just seems Fozzy is short of confidence at the minute, seems to get the ball stuck under his feet a lot of the time as well as his poor passing.

I thought we pissed about with it too much at the back today, very little good wing play, although i thought ward tried hard, being switched sides all the time wouldn't have helped him settle into the game.

We gave the ball away cheaply and didn't really look up for it today.

Looks like Mac shared the sentiment of certain players being very disappointing. Just wondering who he was targeting, and also if its Keogh or Russell, if they will be sent packing or not since there are offers on them. Also, I think we need to raise the bar on the caliber of players we put out. I think Ibe will clearly be involved next time, and possibly whitbread Omar and shotton as well. Thoughts? 

Just one of them games today.... Agree as above Eustace best of a bad bunch.... Bryson was anonymous. Thought Best was lively mind when he came on

Eustace I thought was the only one who performed anything like in the midfield, the others were pretty invisible for me. Its not really his job to play defence splitting passes and create openings, he's there to keep things simple which he pretty much did, can only think of one really poor pass he did when Grant threw it out to him in the first half with about two or three men bearing down on him which was not the best piece of thinking!

Eustace was top notch against Fulham and today he was little less effective. Give him a break.

There are 9 other outfield players there too.

I think the competition for places suit some characters and not others, some will rise to the competition for places where as others may slip into the shadows.

Big fish small pond etc...

Think Eustace only came off cos we wanted the win and he is a defensive midfielder, don't think it was particularly down to performance as he usually came off last season if we weren't winning the game near the end.

Don't actually think his performance alters a great deal match to match, he's just an experienced pro who plays a simple kind of game, he hasn't got a lot of pace nowadays obviously but we need our more flashy midfielders firing to win the game which they clearly weren't.

Don't see he played a lot different today to the game against Fulham myself but people see things differently according to the result.

Out in a university open day at Lancaster so missed this one, sounded like I didn't miss much. From what I gathered we played poorly, gutted for Hendrick, but if we froze because of his injury we simply didn't want it enough to risk it.

Take away fulham and we haven't started well, I don't care how many people say this is a marathon, but you need to hit the ground running for promotion. Ever seen anyone win a marathon by walking the first few miles?

Looks like Mac shared the sentiment of certain players being very disappointing. Just wondering who he was targeting, and also if its Keogh or Russell, if they will be sent packing or not since there are offers on them. Also, I think we need to raise the bar on the caliber of players we put out. I think Ibe will clearly be involved next time, and possibly whitbread Omar and shotton as well. Thoughts?

Omar would have come off the pitch broken today. He's too lightweight to play that role against Ipswich type of teams.

Why have we changed into a long ball team this season? I don't get it

Why have we changed into a long ball team this season? I don't get it

Early ball into Martin, hold it, lay it out wide, cross comes back in low and hard, Martin or midfield runner score.

looks pretty much the same winning formula as last season to me.

I think Mascarell could maybe only play in home games as he looks a bit lightweight to play away matches, think he wouldn't have the physical presence for it (judging from the cup game).

Ibe could certainly come in for any of the wingers as none are consistent at all, Ward was playing better again till he spoiled it in the second half by giving away unnecessary fouls all the time when he lost his discipline.

Shotton could be a contender in a number of positions, certainly in away game he might be useful as he looks a unit.

If the match ended at HT and we had won 1-0, I'd have said we deserved more. However 2nd half was something of a meltdown. I want to blame the ref but as a rule I never blame the ref. He certainly did not help though. Eustace, Bryson, Buxton and Forsyth just kept losing the ball over and over. Keogh and Christie tried a lot of risky moves and they rarely paid off in defence (although I want them to take those kinds of risks).

But the start of the season is always like this and we're looking better than we did against Rotherham and Sheffield Wednesday. You can see we're progressing. Be patient, the results will come.

Archived