Craig Ramage

Hongdo

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've said it before: I choose to listen (even when I have the choice as I did tonight) to them because, as a fan in exile, Ed and Ramage are a great team who combine professionalism (Ed) with enthusiasm (both) and good humoured fandom (Craig). Although Rammer is generally limited as an analyst, his enthusiasm and love of the club make up for it. Especially when he gets excited and garbles his words.

But, then, almost like the proverbial idiot savant, he floors you with the occasional genuinely insightful comment. Tonight against Fulham he exhibited every one of these traits.

Seriously, shut the **** up! Great player in his day but a woeful co-commentator. Talks absolute *****. Let the real commentator speak!

Great player!!! Debatable. A good/average lower league player more like. He hardly set the world alight at derby as he was injured for most of his derby career. A better commentator than some of the dross we've had on in recent years though

I like the way he looks at it from a fans perspective but not sure his evaluation of the games is particularly accurate but he is probably not the worst we've had I'd say.

Didn't really like McMinn that much when he was on as he seemed to go over the same things repeatedly, Rowett wasn't bad and didn't mind Sturridge though some I don't think were keen on him, think I saw he is commentating on a French satellite channel somewhere?

Roger Davies probably a bit too non committal and Hall and RIchards erring on the negative too often despite some spectacular commentaries from the latter.

As someone who has had to finally bow to the problems of old age and accept the inevitable settee , the disappointment is massive but what I DO know is Ed and Craig will give me a good account of the game with  the detail which allows me to visualise the play  and a true  flavour of the excitement of actually being there and sharing the atmosphere with fellow fans.

I thank them for that

Seriously, shut the **** up! Great player in his day but a woeful co-commentator. Talks absolute *****. Let the real commentator speak!

Hey mate, don't sit on the fence - tell us what you really think  ;)

"Great Player" ?  Nah, decent but not great.

For a commentator I want someone who actually "gives a damn" and "enjoys being there" he ticks both boxes for me.

Archived