Craig Ramage

Hongdo

"You've got your Charltons, your Sheffield Wednesdays"

"Arrgggghhhh he's shanked it!"

"He needs to be bursting his gut to get there"

"That's it, we just need to keep working them channels"

"That's food and drink to him"

"It's looking a little bit slow, a little bit lethargic, just need to up the tempo a little bit"

"They're rushing it again"

"He needs to get to them second balls"

"It was one of those, wasn't it?"

"They've tried to be too cute, too clever"

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"You've got your Charltons, your Sheffield Wednesdays"

"Arrgggghhhh he's shanked it!"

"He needs to be bursting his gut to get there"

"That's it, we just need to keep working them channels"

"That's food and drink to him"

"It's looking a little bit slow, a little bit lethargic, just need to up the tempo a little bit"

"They're rushing it again"

"He needs to get to them second balls"

"It was one of those, wasn't it?"

"They've tried to be too cute, too clever"

Ramballs?

Remember (hope I've got this right) watching from the Popside as a young Craig Ramage (17 if I recall) made his debut. The lad was very highly rated and he didn't disappoint, bossing the centre of midfield and spraying glorious 40 yard balls around the park with the outside of his foot.

"Who does he think he is?" came the grumbles all around me. "Fookin' outside of the foot."

I loved it and even tried to begin the chant of "We all agree, Craig is better than Alan" referencing the Yorkshire fast bowler Alan Ramage who'd briefly masqueraded as a centre half with us a few years before.

Sadly, I think Craig got a bad injury from which he never properly recovered, or he could have turned into a fabulous midfield star. But I love his commentary, listening to RamsPlayer from all across the world.

The people complaining about Ramage, have they only just started listening to RD or something? Loved Tin Man as a player but he was a right miserable **** as a commentator. Rog rarely ventured off the fence and Sturridge's every other word was usually followed with a "ya know"....

Rowett and Ramage are the best we've had since Richards, Gibbo, Hall and Steel IMO.

Ramage is ace end of.

If ya don't like him don't f***ing listen.

Unfortunately when your missus is 9 months pregnant and you don't dare go to away games then it's hard to get any info on the game.

But then I discover that when I watch the full 90 it was nothing like described anyway

Archived